1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Throwaway Teleporters Meow Meow

Never get stuck deep down again!

1. Kayuko
    Adds a new kind of teleporter to the game: A portable one-way teleporter.

It's not much different from the vanilla ones, but with a few changes:

• It's craftable on-the-fly in the characters plain crafting menu
    • It only charges pixels to craft! (750 per craft, to be precise)
    • It's placed in the background, making it available for use about everywhere, anytime.
    Other features:
    • It emits a blue light, enlightening the surrounding area.
    • It's stackable, so they don't cramp your stashes up.
    How does it work?

You craft it in the characters crafting menu (Default: C Key), place it in the background and use the object. This'll open a teleportation window with the option to take you straight to your ship.

Can I get back to the place where it was placed again?

Only if you take the long path. As mentioned, it's a one-way teleporter to avoid annoying "I'm too deep down and don't want to die!" situations.

How do I install this mod?

Download the files, extract them and put the folder "Throwaway Teleporter" into your mods folder (Default directory: "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\")

Disclaimer: I'm sorry if there is already such a mod in the repo but I'm a lazy person. If there is, feel free to ping me / drop me a message and I'll delete that one again.

:: Important note ::

If you place a teleporter on a planet, deinstall the mod and get back to the planet - you'll be fine first. However, you'll surely crash as soon as you get into the range of the teleporter, so either:

A) Delete every teleporter before you deinstall the mod
    B) Just don't visit those places after the deinstallation

[​IMG]
    midii and TheBigBlueSerpent like this.

Recent Reviews

1. steveokard
    steveokard
    5/5,
    Version: Meow Meow
    Exactly what I was looking for!
  2. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    5/5,
    Version: Meow Meow
    Aside from being extremely useful, it doubles as a big light source, so it really helps when I've been digging around for a couple hours and having lost my original route and not wanting to try to dig my way back up since it can be very daunting task in the end-game planets.

Love it!