1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tabula Rasa 2.2d (CG)

An Updated Unified Crafting Bench for Mod Content

1. Mackinz
    Unless specified elsewhere, this mod is likely compatible with any future updates to Starbound. If not, I will be the first to know.

The Tabula Rasa

[​IMG]
    Another awes in its presence.

[​IMG]
    Its strange language taught him how to make a Water Gun.

[​IMG]
    Stare at it in awe.

The Source of Much Knowledge

The Tabula Rasa is designed to be a unified crafting bench for mod content.

Modders can tag their recipes with "mod" to add it to the tablet, allowing players to access the additional content without player.config patches. Modders can now also organize their content using additional tags and filter buttons in the crafting menu.

Note that the Tabula Rasa will display any associated recipes regardless of whether the blueprint is known, so it is a poor choice for progression-driven content where the modder wants recipes to 'unlock' as the player progresses. You can, however, design your recipes so that the ability to craft is limited to certain tiers. This mod instead focuses primarily on helping others share their creations.

Lost in Translation

As the original mod has not been updated since February of 2014, and was released under an update-friendly Creative Commons license, I decided to have a go at updating it. With help from Wellbott, it has been updated for Pleased Giraffe and re-released under the same license. Beyond credit for updating it, all credit for the mod belongs to the original authors - SnoopJeDi and LowestFormOfWit.

The Tabula Rasa was a universal mod back during the Koalas. Now it can be one for Pleased Giraffe and beyond. Check the included readme file for more information on how to make your mod Tabula Rasa compatible.

Installation, Bug Reports and Suggestions

Humans are not perfect. We can overlook many things. That is why this section is necessary,

Installing Tabula Rasa:

1. Navigate to your \Starbound\mods\ folder, usually found within \Steam\steamapps\common\
    2. Download the ZIP file associated with this mod.
    3. Open the ZIP file with a program like 7Zip.
    4. Drag the folder "Tabula Rasa - CG - 2.2c" (or similar) into your mods folder.
    5. Play Starbound.

Reporting Issues:

Always post your issues IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD. I am very attentive, and I will always respond to an issue posted in the Discussion thread.

Regarding game crashing: Error pop-ups tell modders nothing about how to solve any issue you may come across. A basic guide to reporting errors is here. I WILL need to see your log file before I can help you. Capisce?

Other issues: If your issue is not crash-related, but something more along the lines of "this can't be crafted" or "I get Perfectly Generic Items from doing this", I may need to see your log file as well - but it's more important that you post in the Discussion thread on the matter.

Suggestions:

Please leave suggestions in the related Discussion thread. I will respond to them with my thoughts there - however, suggestions are also valid if included within a mod review.

Other Miscellaneous Things

• Thanks to SnoopJeDi and LowestFormOfWit for creating the original Tabula Rasa mod. If LFOW decides to do so, he can take over this mod again without hassle.
    • Thanks to Wellbott for being so damn good with lua.
    • Thanks to Chucklefish for making Starbound.
    • Thanks to You for playing Starbound!

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.

If, in the event that this mod is rendered incompatible with the latest version of Starbound and I have made no mention of updating it, please attempt to contact me - if I do not respond in a day, then you have my permission to update and take over this mod until I return as long as proper attribution is posted.

DO NOT REPORT ERRORS OR BUGS IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS MOD. THERE IS A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THOSE KINDS OF THINGS.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Mod Priority Adjustment
  2. Cheerful Giraffe Update
  3. Logging Error Hotfix

Recent Reviews

1. Maibigbutt
    Maibigbutt
    3/5,
    Version: 2.2d (CG)
    good Idea, can't find it tho
  2. peserval
    peserval
    5/5,
    works fine
  3. Kokito
    Kokito
    5/5,
    awesome
  4. NeoslayerX
    NeoslayerX
    3/5,
    When I open it, I lag severely. Eventually I get the job done, but it usually takes at least 6 times the time it usually should take to finish said task.
  5. Saldek
    Saldek
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2c (CG)
    This is one of the true essentials. Thanks so much Mackinz for the constant updates. Without you, some fine moments would have been lost in time, like tears... Well, you know what I mean ^^
    And thanks of course also to SnoopJeDi and LowestFormOfWit for the original idea and implementation.
  6. haynesy566
    haynesy566
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2b (GG)
    One of my favorite mods, makes using mods so much easier. A must-have for any non-vanilla Starbound player
  7. tidgem
    tidgem
    5/5,
    Veree Gunt
  8. soul_eater
    soul_eater
    5/5,
    it's back! and it's got a new trick! Tabula Rasa is ten times as slick as the last time, the last time you saw it! now you can see why we really adore it!
  9. 8bit-hero
    8bit-hero
    5/5,
    Very impressed that this still works. There are so many good mods on this site that the creators just abandoned that it's nice to finally have a working one.
  10. Utkudakid
    Utkudakid
    5/5,
    Any suggestions to use this with?Furniture mods please