1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Peglaci Pleased Giraffe Stable!

A race of peaceful, peace-keeping humanoids from an icy world.

1. Tinytean
    Tinytean
    5/5,
    Version: Guard / Villager Spawners
    One hell of a solid Race mod and the author, Djinn, has been keeping on top of updates and content. This one is worth your time!
  2. Filip3D
    Filip3D
    5/5,
    :D
  3. Vic_Sanded
    Vic_Sanded
    5/5,
    This has become my favorite race mod. Excellent backstory, design, equipment, building parts, everything. Magnificent. Their spite for the idea of Apex 'peacekeepers' was a good quick laugh for me. Feels like they really belong in the world already.
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      Well, thank you! That's very much what I was going for, and I appreciate the upvote.
  4. misterwho
    misterwho
    5/5,
    This is now my favorite race mod. Everything about it is well done, the backstory and everything. There's a lot of TLC going into the quality of this and it shows through. Wonderful job and you've got yourself a new fan.
  5. Squaff
    Squaff
    5/5,
    Version: VILLAGER SPAWNER.
    Great start. Interested in seeing where this goes.
  6. Benkinz99
    Benkinz99
    5/5,
    Version: TIER 10 GUNS AAA
    Love this mod. Its amazing.
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      Can't argue with that kind of praise. Thanks!
  7. Terode
    Terode
    5/5,
    Great mod. I wonder, however, could we expect more race mods from you in the future? It seems like you could make some amazing things, just like these...um...Bipedal Goat-dragons? I still don't understand what exactly they resemble, but still, the mod is amazing.
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      Probably not any other race mods, no - this one alone is far from done: still have villagers (soon), villages (shortly after), enemy dungeons (in a while) and finally you get to visit ruins left behind by your species' creators (after that!).

Plus I have to keep updating every time Chucklefish adds new objects because I have to add object descriptions to keep current!
  8. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    5/5,
    A wild update spam appeared :P
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      Sorrry. Upload issues, for some odd reason. Thanks for the review anyhow, haha!
  9. amazingchicago
    amazingchicago
    5/5,
    :3 I love this race, and super love the new tiles!
  10. ambientmzre
    ambientmzre
    5/5,
    I LOVE IT :D i just wish that there were tiers 2 and 3 for the gun because those are generally the hardest for me to get through :P
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      Yeah, I was thinking about it earlier on, but I thought that maybe having the initial gun use a lot of energy so that at tier 1 its hard to use then gets easier as you make better armor with more energy. I usually use the throwing knives to fill the damage gap until I hit tier 4. Thanks for the review!
  11. sedricode
    sedricode
    5/5,
    Version: Peglaci Village Tiles!
    Best Race mod ever! I love the French names... I finally got all my friends to play this mod also!
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      Merci, monsieur ou madame!
  12. UmbreonMV
    UmbreonMV
    5/5,
    this mod is great i really loved this race
  13. Naesh
    Naesh
    5/5,
    I really wish the Peglaci race would be part of the vanilla game.
    The intro could be narrated by the same guy who will (probably) narrate the vanilla intros. Please don't abandon this mod!

One small suggestion: the suggested names at character creation seem somewhat out of character to me.
    Perhaps names resembling old norse (or greek) mythology would work better. But this is just my viewpoint. Nevermind....

Anyway, this really is a pretty awesome mod! Thank you!
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      They're French-based - Peglaci is a phonetic translation of "Paix Glacé" (means 'Icy Peace'), but I replaced the 'é' sound with a 'i'. The pronuncation can be found here: =http://translate.google.com/?q=nyse:ice#auto/fr/Peglaci.

Sorry, got distracted - yes, Norse is a perfectly good base for their names if you want, I just felt like giving them some french flavour since that's my background!

Also, do not worry about me abandoning the mod - I have a plan for it that I'm slowly working through, though at some point I'll just be done (ideally) and move onto a different mod entirely!
  14. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    They sort of resemble a dragon like race to me but that is just my opinion and also maby even make a dragon race mod however I highly doubt you will,great mod in advance. :)
  15. BitVector
    BitVector
    5/5,
    The Peglaci are my all-time favorite new modded race. Please keep up the really great work!
  16. plscks
    plscks
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, extremely fully featured. Keep up the good work!
  17. Mr. CrazyScientist
    Mr. CrazyScientist
    5/5,
    Version: Tier 9 Guns! And gifs!
    Lovely mod!
  18. Roycewhal
    Roycewhal
    5/5,
    The level of detail, and unique features of this race are absolutely fascinating... Also, a cold dwelling species is what I kinda figured would fit pretty well.

I am also a big fan of the ship, just enough room for a small farm and all of my basic crafting needs.
  19. Tinytean
    Tinytean
    5/5,
    Great work on this mod! Hey Chucklefish, you should hire this guy!
  20. WalrusAbove
    WalrusAbove
    5/5,
    Peace keeping, 4 eyed goats. I love it!
    1. Djinn
      Author's Response
      They're not gooooooats - also thanks, haha!