1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Game Hunter: Mounted Monsters v1.52 (p1.2)

Use the Game Rifles to bag place-able stuffed versions of your foes.

1. Wellbott
    A universe filled with interesting critters. If you see one you like... put it in your mueseum!
    [​IMG]

Craft the Game Rifle at an anvil or higher equivalent.

It does no damage itself, but shooting a monster with the rifle will mark them as being hunted for a significant duration. If they die in this period, from any damage source, they will drop a "Stuffed Monster" object version of themselves.

[​IMG]

Interact with the pedestal base to adjust the monster's pose. Only the facing direction for monsters can be changed right now, other states require a ton of manual data input.

[​IMG]

The pedestals have an input node. Wire up a switch to toggle whether the monsters should play the selected animation states or remain static.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the space or just like the aesthetic, you can also capture miniaturized versions of monsters by crafting and using the Game Pistol instead.

[​IMG]

And for the truly maniacal... you can also stuff and mount NPCs.

[​IMG]

Works on nearly all monsters... even some unexpected ones.
    [​IMG]

===>Please report any bugs in this thread!<===
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Palette Swap Fix
  2. Patch 1.2
  3. Update Fix

Recent Reviews

1. Reyghel
    Reyghel
    5/5,
    Version: v1.52 (p1.2)
    Wow. I can not believe that great mod. With this mod I can create the definitive museum with all the fossils, creatures, monsters and others. To make other creations. Thank you very much to its author. I'll try it on Starbound Spacefarer 1.3.1
  2. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    love this thing...going full psyho and making a museum of everything and everyone i come across beets pokemon or ant other hunting there is.
    that feeling i get when i hunt down some bandits for some npc and then bring him the statues and then place it in his house and activate them.. uf... 5 stars is not enough.
    (ps. then i turn him to statue,now they are BFFs.)
  3. Vhazhiphor
    Vhazhiphor
    5/5,
    Had to update the review due to the author's rapid response to issues and fast resolution. Excellent mod, and excellent author.
  4. Vhazhiphor
    Vhazhiphor
    4/5,
    Version: v1.51 (p1.2)
    Excellent mod. There's just one issue I have, and it may not even be fixable, but I've added some monster parts in another mod and now all my trophies are black and white and seem to not keep their poses. The hovering panel has them properly posed and colored, but the actual stand doesn't.
    1. Wellbott
      Author's Response
      Where they captured before installing that mod? The objects can only recreate monsters by spawning them from their remembered seed value, so if the parts pool changes I have no clue what will happen to the old seeds.
  5. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    3/5,
    Version: v1.51 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    The "mounted NPCs" are exactly what I need for a SWEET RAVE PARTEH!!!
    -EXCEPT!It needs an update
  6. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: v1.51 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Who needs a collection board to fill when you can just keep a trophy room instead? Great work!
  7. Omega_Flowely
    Omega_Flowely
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    Wonderful mod I do not know why, but felt like a hunter with Bloodborne hunt ... and get trophies. funny :)
  8. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (Cheerful Giraffe)
    AWESOME :D Thanks dude.
  9. levingarde
    levingarde
    5/5,
    Version: v1.43 (Glad Giraffe)
    This is one of my favorite mod so far.... hoarding monsters and humans is rewarding XD ~
  10. toby109tt
    toby109tt
    5/5,
    Version: v1.3 (Pleased Giraffe)
    o-0 Wow I am mind blown