Posted on behalf of Ribs - For more info check it out on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2698975190
Have you ever thought to yourself: "Geez, this game needs more hunting weapons"? I sure have! There's not a lot of hunting weapons on the steam workshop, and I'd like to remedy that with this pack.
It's recommended to use a food stacking mod.
This modpack contains 1 set of Australian bushman clothes, along with 4 new weapons.
The bushman set contains:
- Bushman's Akubra (Tier 3 stats)
- Bushman's Shirts (Tier 3 stats)
- Bushman's Shorts (Tier 3 stats)
- Bushman's Essentials (slightly increase max health, grants slight regeneration and poison immunity)
The makeshift weapons are:
- Makeshift Knife: simple makeshift knife with a 4-hit combo, can be thrown at enemies.
- Survival Machete: sturdy machete with a 5-hit combo and a machete dash, can be used to cut vines, trees and various enemies.
- Survival Spear: crafted spear with a long reach, comes with a 8-hit combo and can be thrown at enemies.
- Survivalist's Rifle: repurposed lever-action rifle with decent damage dealing potential, comes with a bayonet for when things get too personal.
All makeshift weapons increases the chance of monsters dropping meat/materials to 75% instead of the usual 5-20%.
How to obtain
All items can be crafted at the level 2 anvil. If you'd like to skip all of that, here's the spawn id for all the items, use the spawn command to get them:
Special: "Crikey!" buff
"Get close enough to death, and you will become Death himself."
Weapons from this mod gains access to the "Crikey!" status effect, while these weapons are active: Damage increases as the user becomes injured
- Mod might be unbalanced, further feedback is needed.
- Will probably be ok with most modpacks out there.
- While not strictly incompatible with FU, you can't craft these items normally due to FU's research mechanics, you can still spawn these in with admin commands.
- There are no plans to add any compatibility patches to any incompatible mods out there, you are free to make your own compatibility patch, however.
- Me: spriting, scripting, compiling, audio mixing
- Skittles: project advisor, sprites for the Bushman set.
- Neb: the lua wizard whom helped with reoganizing the mod, as well as the weedhacker script for the machete.
- patman: the lua wizard responsible for the crikey buff and throwing melee weapons, the knife spin was pretty dope.
- Skittles, Raiizy, loib, Arky: for giving me helpful advice on how to sprite the weapons found in this pack, 2D pixel art is hardwork lol.
- You: for checking this mod out!
What's this "Forge" thing?
It's a mini-series of weapons and stuff that I plan on working. We have a discord server for those whom are interested.
- Akubra is an Australian hat manufacturer. The term "Akubra" is sometimes used to refer to slouch hats.
- Any weapon can turn into a "hunting" weapon by changing the damage type to "bow".
- This mod holds a special place in my heart as it's the first time I've sprited something and turn them into actual usable weapons. Usually I'd ask other people if they're interested in spriting, but everyone I asked was either busy or not interested, it became one of those "Fine, I'll do it myself" moment.
- Originally the mod was supposed to be about park rangers, but since the weapons I suggested was out of their field, skittles suggested this mod become Australian and have it be about bushmen instead.
- 2 Aussies contributed to this mod.
- Ribs is not a modder.
Find the mod on Github!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Do not include this mod in compilations.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
The Forge: Outback Survival Kit 1.0.1
Have you ever thought to yourself: "Geez, this game needs more hunting weapons"?
- Found a problem that affects linux users Dec 29, 2021