1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Tentacle Planets 1.3.3

Adds tentacle planets that can be flown to with your ship.

1. Joseph K
    Tentacle planet ship.png Tentacle planet surface.png
    Tentacle planets existed back in early access and were replaced with The Ruin, I liked the idea of tentacle planets so I made a mod that adds them. Tentacle planets feature: all dungeons (except underwater ones) and most micro dungeons as well as the old tentacle background. There is a lot of ore, but it's only for those who can make it to the planet core. Tentacle planets can be found at frozen and fiery stars, if the mod doesn't work please let me know and I'll try to do something about it.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Stabby066, qs820, Ickura and 5 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Tentacle Planets
  2. Tentacle Planets
  3. Tentacle Planets

Recent Reviews

1. Shooterguy1220
    Shooterguy1220
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3.3
    These planets are so fun to visit. Especially when your hunting down a bounty for the peacekeepers. I would have given a 5 star rating if not for the ludicrously OP enemies that spawn there. I could be using full tier armor and weapons and I would still get killed in a few seconds. Even the enemies on the main ruin itself don't pack that kind op punch.maybe just nerf them a bit but not too much as it should still be a dangerous place. Still its a great addition to my universe so good job!
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Thanks! Sorry, but I won't be nerfing the enemies at all. This is one of those things that's supposed to be a true challenge, and if I nerf the enemies it won't be much fun. Anyway, the enemies on The Ruin are kind of weak.
  2. Shock Sphere
    Shock Sphere
    5/5,
    What a great mod! Do we need more mods of planets in the community?
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Probably so, but most people only care about vanity items and quality of life changes. I do know that Extended Story adds a lot of planets.
  3. Dante271
    Dante271
    5/5,
    es compatible con FU?
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      As far as I know, yes.
  4. desafinado56
    desafinado56
    5/5,
    Really cool. It kinda gives the ruin a zerg feel, its there even though you already took out the head. Though i would change the structures that can spawn there, ruined cities with people trying to survive or some labs maybe.
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Good suggestion. I'll put dungeons like that in a later update.
  5. artguk
    artguk
    5/5,
    Many thanks for your modification and work =)
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      You're welcome :)
  6. Stabby066
    Stabby066
    5/5,
    I really like this mod because I allways wanted tentacle planets like in the beta where i can build my house. Really good work.
    But one wish I have, can make the old tentacle planet music on the planets, then its really like the beta planets
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Was the old music called "tentacle exploration"? (let me know in the comments) if so I can make that happen.
  7. Gabrielcknight
    Gabrielcknight
    4/5,
    i can't find any tentacle planets at fiery or frozen stars. Is this a bug or a glitch?
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Um... go to a very far away place then look at the stars, if it still doesn't work try reinstalling the mod.
  8. Ickura
    Ickura
    5/5,
    I feel a sense of... NoStAlGiA
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Did you go on tentacle planets in early access?
  9. Coolguy123
    Coolguy123
    5/5,
    I just want to explore this kind of planets and for you to have 31 downloads just like my mod :). I haven't found any bugs yet.
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      Thanks, by the way, can you give me a link to the mod your referring to?
  10. Yokame
    Yokame
    5/5,
    Nice, I Can finally brag about going on a tentacle adventure ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      First review :D