1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Techs 2.0 1.56 fix

Upgrade your techs to 2.0 today!

1. greenRAM
    Techs 2.0
    -22 new techs and counting! Upgrade your techs and save big today!
    +Better Dash controls for in-mod techs! Use either "double tap forward" or "up + direction" to dash! (Thanks to Darkblader24!)

WARNING! Now REQUIRES either:
    bk3k's Tech Helper: Mainly, enables new features to upgrade your techs in the tech console.

OR

bk3k's More Powerful Techs: Includes the Tech Helper features, but also a handful of really powerful, interesting techs!

Techs:

Dash 2.0
    : +duration
    Air Dash 2.0: +duration.
    Blink Dash 2.0: +distance.
    Sprint 2.0: +speed.
    Jog 2.0: Less speed than sprint. No energy cost.

Aqua Sphere 2.0
    : general improvements. Added bounce.
    Distortion Sphere 2.0: general improvements. Added bounce.
    Sonic Sphere 2.0: general improvements. Almost instant charging upon activation. No initial energy cost. Added bounce.
    Sonic Sphere 3.0: An EXPERIMENTAL version of the Sonic Sphere 2.0. Beware of fall damage.
    Spike Sphere 2.0: EXPERIMENTAL Much faster, but much less sticky.

Pulse Jump 2.0: +1 additional pulse jump.
    Multi Jump 2.0: replaced with 3 full pulse jumps.
    Multi Hops: Unlimited very small hops. Nearly no lift.
    Wall Jump 2.0: replaced with a "sticky wall" grab. (Sticking now refreshes your pulse jump)
    Rocket Jump 2.0: General improvements.
    Sticky: Stick to walls and fire! Push S to slide.
    Hover: Press W to float around. Costs energy.
    Energy Jump: Pulse jumps that cost energy!
    Energy Jump 2.0: An Energy Jump that costs less energy.
    Wall Multi Jump 2.0: Sticky Wall with Three Pulse Jumps.
    Wall Multi Hops: Sticky Wall with unlimited small hops.
    Super Jump 2.0: A single insanely high Pulse Jump. Be careful of fall damage!
    Energy Jump + Hover: A combination of the Energy Jump and the Hover techs.
    Wall Super Multi Jump 3.0: Sticky + Super Jump + Multi Jump. +5x power! +2 Jumps. Beware of fall damage.

Costs:
    Typically 8 additional Tech Cards with some exceptions. The three core techs you get for free in the vanilla game can be upgraded for a large discount. Expect higher prices the more advanced the upgrade becomes.

Upgrading:
    Typically, each upgraded version of the tech is unlocked after the previous tech is purchased. After a purchase of a tech, that tech will be unlocked for the other two slots.

Thanks to:
    -Darkblader24's Better Dash (no more double tap) mod! (for improving the dash controls): Use up and the direction key as an alternative to the double tap to sprint and dash for the new techs.
    -bk3ks for the coding additions based from the bk3ks Techs mod and for the Bk3ks Tech Helper modder support.
    -themrpiggy22's Aqua Sphere Water Jump edit.

Recommended:

-Zerotap Dash For Techs 2.0 by The Avelon. An addon that allows you to configure the activation key for your new techs!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. 1.56 fix
  2. V1.56
  3. v1.55 fix fix

Recent Reviews

1. jonathansie
    jonathansie
    1/5,
    Version: 1.56
    esto es una basura el juego se me crashea cuando habro la mesa de techs >:(
    1. greenRAM
      Author's Response
      Sorry that it's crap. I would suggest posting your log in the Discussion area. That way, I can fix it if it's broken, or you can find out what went wrong if something's wrong on your end.
  2. spacehamster15
    spacehamster15
    4/5,
    Version: 1.56
    Its was very good and funny, but the goddamn aqua sphere crashed my game and deleted my character, 4 stars bc my character didnt deleted at all
    Happiness and sadness on only 5 min :0
  3. The Avelon
    The Avelon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.55 fix fix
    This was my first Tech mod after FoM, originally just for Air Dash 2.0, but I found Jog 2.0 extremely useful for exploration of surfaces. I keep it installed still and am currently having tons of fun with the 2.0 Air Dash alongside some of my own edits. Highly recommended both for use and as a learning tool for how to make tech mods.
  4. calvinklein112
    calvinklein112
    5/5,
    Version: 1.55 fix fix
    Great mod , Thx !
  5. Over Gaming
    Over Gaming
    5/5,
    Version: 1.52
    Just...
    Super mOD!!!!!
  6. NullVoid01