1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivalist Mod 2.13

WILL YOU SURVIVE?

1. slave_of_internet
    slave_of_internet
    5/5,
    Version: 2.13
  2. Starbound Modder [IDN]
    Starbound Modder [IDN]
    3/5,
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ?! .YOU DELETED THE FILES ? I WAITING SOO LONG FOR THIS MOD AND IT DELETED ?!
  3. Descher
    Descher
    1/5,
    Download link is broken as all hell.
  4. broniegamez
    broniegamez
    5/5,
    Very good I played it with an earlier version but the new download is broken it just opens dropbox and thats it
  5. SALADEPLANET
    SALADEPLANET
    4/5,
    sup i downloaded the mod cleared my mod file and still nothing help me if you have the time thanks
  6. Sonsalt
    Sonsalt
    5/5,
    This is a great mod, for everyone who loves a challenge. It makes survival much harder and gives a bit of a DayZ feeling to STARBOUND.
  7. vhgiv
    vhgiv
    5/5,
    Can't wait to get back into this Mod.... Though I am a complete noob and takes me forever to just do simple tasks! Darn you Work! And other stuff happening in my life! Why must you be so eventful at times!!!

Thanks for the mod! Great to have you back!
  8. Joncras
    Joncras
    5/5,
    I love so much this mod but, i can't download it, the file gone.
    Dropbox don't want me to play this mod D:
    1. Durlock
      Author's Response
  9. Fluffy-Bunny
    Fluffy-Bunny
    5/5,
    Version: 2.12
    I'm so happy to see this mod back! Thanks a lot! I've test it until i got the first sniper and so far it work well. :)

I do feel like it is easier than it was in 2014... i thought that the monsters were way more stronger and the "rare" drop were harder to get back then.

Is the alien from the exploding meteor still a thing? i've got a score to settle with them.... ;)
    1. Durlock
      Author's Response
      SM 1 used a custom LUA for the behavior of monsters that made them different from vanilla. Sadly, I'm not a good a programmer as he was, but I'm working on it :)

As for the meteor monsters, they are in SM, although not implemented. I really wanted to add 'invasion weather' but just wasn't able to make it work :(
      The monsters do work, but I wanted the weather and it peased me off that I wasn't able to do it.
      FrackinUniverse did implemented (not the weather, just the monster)
  10. Grom PE
    Grom PE
    4/5,
    Version: 2.11
    As an avid Better Than Wolves/Minecraft player I'm always looking for a good challenge in other games. Starbound became quite easy a while after its initial release, and I hoped a mod would fix it someday.

This mod provides an interesting challenge (if a little unfair) in the early game, but then quickly dissolves into an unbalanced mess with lots of surplus items and grinding for others. It throws away many mechanics of the original game but doesn't provide much on its own yet.

That said, the mod is a move in the right direction and I had fun playing it mostly until the repair of the FTL chip.
  11. KDironclaw
    KDironclaw
    5/5,
    Amazing mod, I love the new features and content, and the new progression and that... *reading script* You... Defecate...? All and all great mod! Worthy of five stars! ^^
  12. Miguelz
    Miguelz
    3/5,
    I download the mod and i put it in my mod folder but it still doesn't work for me. Anyway you or someone can help me out here?
    1. Durlock
      Author's Response
      That's odd. Try some of this solutions:

- clear your mod folder before placing Survivalist (that's Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/*here goes SurvivalistMod folder you downloaded* )
      - back up or delete your previous characters and worlds (that's Starbound/giraffe_storage/player and Starbound/giraffe_storage/universe)

If any of this solutions work for you, PM me your log file (that's Starbound/giraffe_storage/log.txt) right after the game crashes.
  13. Wulfwuld99
    Wulfwuld99
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    More than a worthy successor to the original... makes starbound have purpose again
  14. betailas
    betailas
    5/5,
    Hardocre is so hardcore :D
  15. Sgt.fox170
    Sgt.fox170
    3/5,
    Challenge Accepted. this would be interesting for me.
  16. corrupt20x6
    corrupt20x6
    1/5,
    I wish it were possible to give a mod a minus stars rating but I'll just put it forward that this mod takes a game that can be challenging but enjoyable, and turns it into an unplayable mess that leaves you wanting to smash your keyboard and punch the screen.
  17. kyajin22
    kyajin22
    5/5,
    Love this mod.. was playing it with the wife and son and i have never known a game to give my son nightmares cause of one of them talking about eating his brains.. it was worth the late nights lol
  18. sleepy123
    sleepy123
    5/5,
    I missed this mod so much.
    For some reason it also makes my game go silky smooth. Nice!