1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Supper's Monster Additions 2017-11-18

Re-adds ranged monster attacks among others.

1. SentientSupper
    Supper's Monster Additions
    Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=970357143

This mod adds new abilities for monsters to use against you! Ever wanted to see a monster shoot fireballs at you? How about a monster that gives itself a shield to absorb damage or leaves a trail of gas that poisons you? Now you can. However, this mod doesn't stop at that!

Features:
    • Ranged attacks for all procedurally generated monsters except fish.
    • Special abilities (ground slam! energy pillars!)
    • Melee attacks. Procedurally generated monsters no longer inflict contact damage unless they're attacking.
    • Large monsters appearing during the day.
    • Randomized hostility.
    • Old monster sounds back from beta.
    • Minibosses.
    • Randomized elemental weaknesses and resistances.
    • Performance improvements.

Notes
    A really early iteration of this mod has been rolled into FU. This mod, however, is going to be developed independently and many new features are not included in that version of the mod.

I am aware that other mods that re-add ranged attacks to monsters exist. The reason why I created this was because those mods weren't enough for me.

.patch files are used for most of the files, so the mod with likely have less issues with cross-mod compatibility. Still, if another mod installed also adds new abilities to monsters, expect one mod to be overridden.

If you happen to run into any bugs, report them in the discussions thread along with logs.

If you aren't satisfied with the mod, constructive feedback is always welcome.

Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. 2017-11-18
  2. 2017-10-15
  3. Update Title:

Recent Reviews

1. xaliber
    xaliber
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-10-15
    Variety is the spice of lifeforms. Really makes the monsters challenging and different. Love the various attacks. And without this one there wouldn't be the return of Monster SFX! :)
  2. royal_fish
    royal_fish
    3/5,
    This is a fantastic mod and a lot of work has gone into it. However, the creator released an update which breaks planets for people who used the previous version of the mod and has no plans to fix it, so if you have a base you put many hours into on a planet, you can either run an outdated version or never see it again.
    1. SentientSupper
      Author's Response
      Said crash will be fixed on the next update.
  3. NeoslayerX
    NeoslayerX
    5/5,
    I love being killed repeatedly by tiny plants.
  4. CrimsonGiraffe
    CrimsonGiraffe
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-09-23
    You'rea hero for making this, I've missed the monster noises so much ever since they took them out in the later part of the beta!
  5. FiresonicXD
    FiresonicXD
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-09-23
    he probado muchos mods pero este es una maravilla por que a uno le da ganas de seguir explorando y sorprenderse con el arte que haz hecho
  6. Fat3AndDestiny
    Fat3AndDestiny
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-08-11
    La verdad es que me sorprendio O.O (Five Stars)
  7. hellenicshaco
    hellenicshaco
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-07-31b
    It's working in starbound 1.3.2
  8. LoveMonster
    LoveMonster
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-07-08
    This looks amazing. Why don't you add this to steam? :)
    1. SentientSupper
      Author's Response
      It has already been added to steam.
  9. JohnTSM
    JohnTSM
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-06-16
    It's 1.3 compatible now, and better than ever!
    Pretty much the best randomly generated monster mod out there.
  10. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-05-16
    Hello, I've never tried the mod yet but can you update it to 1.3 please. I want to see it if its good. For support I have give you 5 stars