1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Steambound Furious Koala

Fluid Transportation, Automated Machinery, Steam Energy

1. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    2/5,
    Version: Furious Koala
    so ya, Great idea, seriously fantastic, aside from (like someone else mentioned) the pump sucking up water from nothing, it doesn't actually displace the water its sucking up, now this could be good and bad, since it would be a hastle to rerun water pipes all over the world to different water pools. but it did slow down my game dramatically while using it, I would also like to see different sized tanks, and an increase in water flow. Maybe on/off switches for the pipes as well? but I LOVE the concept, so keep up the good work!!!!
  2. chibibiscuit
    chibibiscuit
    4/5,
    This mod works great - the only thing that I would like to see in the future is some way to drain the water out of an area through a grate in the floor, or a drain. Currently it seems like the only way to clear a room of water is to use a pump.

(Just for context - I'm building a sewer contraption where you activate a switch, it drains the water from the tunnel into the tank and then opens the door. Flipping the switch on the other side closes the door, then empties the water from the tank into the tunnel.)
  3. Cocatox
    Cocatox
    5/5,
    nice map thx for that
  4. uxlapogi
    uxlapogi
    3/5,
    Works as described. I have to give it 3 stars because everytime you move through the grate exhaust of a pump the mod will crash all your clients on a server:

Error: WorldServerThread exception caught: StarException: Unknown damage definition with kind silent.
    1. TP_
      Author's Response
      Will look into that
  5. rooboodude
    rooboodude
    4/5,
    Fluid movement is great, but not flawless. If you move the body of water away from a pump that is attached to a purifier and an aquifer of acid, it will continue to pump water from a nonexistent location. Rate of flow also leaves something to be desired, but this can be easily overcome through the use of multiple pumps. I expected the object that is placed on a wall to have no collision, much like the torches and computer terminals, and was surprised to find you can stand on top of the pump, as well as not be able to run through it. Instructions for the use of the items took about 15 minutes to figure out, and there appears to be some glitching out about the wrench. It has to be in your inventory, but not in your hand, to use any of the objects like the grate and pump. Overall, I like this mod a heck of a lot! Could use a bit of tweaking, but good job!
    1. TP_
      Author's Response
      All of the machines are explained on the front page as well as the usage of the Wrench
      I am not sure if I understood the glitch you described maybe you could explain it a little more in a PM (A picture would be great)
  6. WarStalkeR
    WarStalkeR
    5/5,
    Great! Just Great!
  7. CommanderWasp1x
    CommanderWasp1x
    5/5,
    Thank you :-)
  8. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Thanks man :3
  9. CommanderWasp1x
    CommanderWasp1x
    3/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala
    Can't download :-(
    1. TP_
  10. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala
    Download link does not work :(
    1. TP_
  11. Antiquarian
    Antiquarian
    5/5,
    Version: v. Angry Koala
    My personal favorite means of fluid transportation. I look forward to seeing the mods grow in the future but hope that it veers closer to a steamesque setting as the name implies.
  12. Izeck
    Izeck
    5/5,
    Loving this and looking forward to more.
  13. Dr. Toros
    Dr. Toros
    5/5,
    I really can't express how great this is.

Honestly, you and modders like you are what make modding so powerful and fun.

You're going beyond creative use of existing mechanics and creating entirely new ones, and for that I'm incredibly grateful.

Most important thing I get out of this mod? I can selectively flood my hylotl ship using this mod and a watergun.
  14. DarknessLilly
    DarknessLilly
    5/5,
    can not wait to see where this goes ^_^
  15. dragon2513
    dragon2513
    5/5,
    This is amazing very helpful and neat I can't believe the dev's missed this mechanic.
  16. Drocsis
    Drocsis
    5/5,
    Great Idea and super easy to use. Can't wait to see what you've got next.
  17. Zetsway
    Zetsway
    5/5,
    Fantastic idea, Would play an awesome role in protecting a base from ANY interference (flood the outside with poison or lava, suck it back up when you want to go inside and tada!)
  18. 40880472
    5/5,
    Why is this mechanic not in vanilla?
  19. HuggableCreep
    HuggableCreep
    4/5,
    I like this mod, and after a short play with its contents all i can say is i wan't mining drills and i would also like to know if you were planning on making more liquids for fuel