THIS MOD IS CURRENTLY OUTDATED AND DOWNLOAD LINK DISABLED
I present you the first mount mod with fully operational mounts. There are 150 mounts altogether, 70 ground, 20 flying, 20 swimming mounts and 40 transformations you can create, arranged by tiers. With new update you can upgrade all those 40 transforms from tier 1 to 11, so in a sense you can create 440 transforms. Every mount is individual, with his own unique set of animations, sounds, skills and techs and now mounts even have mining skill and they glow.
From 4.4 update there are no more DNA extractor guns, so now you don't get Monster DNA from monsters, instead you craft it (Alienmeat + Pixels). (more info in Update section).
For those that want older version (with DNA extractor guns) heres the link:
Heres a list of how skills and tech are distributed among mounts:
Transforms (Upgradeable from tier 1):
- Tier 1 (Ground) - Melee
- Tier 2 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, 1 tech
- Tier 3 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, 1 tech
- Tier 4 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, 1 tech
- Tier 5 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire, 2 techs
- Tier 6 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire, 2 techs
- Tier 7 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire, 2 techs
- Tier 8 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire, alternative fire (AoE), 2 techs
- Tier 9 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire, alternative fire (AoE), 2 techs
- Tier 10 (Ground) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire, alternative fire (AoE), 2 techs
- Tier 10 (Flying) - Primary fire, secondary fire
- Tier 12 (Unique) - Melee, primary fire, secondary fire (charged), alternative fire (AoE), 4 techs
- Tier 1 - Melee, mining
- Tier 2 - Melee, mining, primary fire, 1 tech
- Tier 3 - Melee, mining, primary fire, 1 tech
- Tier 4 - Melee, mining, primary fire, 1 tech
- Tier 5 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire, 2 techs
- Tier 6 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire, 2 techs
- Tier 7 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire, 2 techs
- Tier 8 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire, alternative fire (AoE), 2 techs
- Tier 9 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire, alternative fire (AoE), 2 techs
- Tier 10 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire, alternative fire (AoE), 2 techs
- Tier 11 - Melee, mining, primary fire, secondary fire (charged), alternative fire (AoE), 4 techs
- Swimming - Melee, primary fire (breathing underwater and lava/poison invulnerability)
- Mount activation - F button
- Melee - Down + Left / Right
- Primary fire - Left Mouse Button
- Secondary fire - Right Mouse Button (Transforms - hold right moust button for charging)
- Alternative fire (AoE) - Tap Down
- Blink - G button
- Dash - Tap Left / Right
- Multijump - Tap Jump
- Superjump - Up + Jump
- Jetpack - Tap Jump (Transforms - Up + Jump)
- Mining - Left Mouse Button + Right Mouse Button
- Mining power for all transformations (except swimming) - holding left and right mouse button activates mining, by the tier 11 its a bit stronger than diamond drill
- Light source for all transformations and tier 8, 9, 10 and flying/swimming mounts, this makes walking during night and mining a lot easier
- Charged projectiles - holding down mouse button will charge the projectile and when fully charged you fire multiple projectiles
- Melee attack doesn't use energy, because I wanted players to be able to use this attack when they are low on energy, but remember you can get hit by monsters
- You don't need Tier upgrades to unlock certain mount tiers, because I find that pointless, I want higher level player to try lower level mounts without having to get Upgrade chip all over again
- The higher the tier the better mount is, meaning they will be faster, jump higher, have stronger attacks and their techs will be more useful.
- Energy consumption is bound with tiered armour, meaning if you want to use e.g. tier 7 mounts it is advisable to use tier 7 or higher armours for optimal energy consumption, if you have tier 6 or lower armour and use tier 7 mounts your energy will be depleted faster.
How to use it:
You can find recipe for Monster DNA at wooden crafting table or pressing button C, needed ingredients are alien meat and pixels. Then you have to build Mount Station or Transform Station with which you can create Mounts and Transformations by using that Monster DNA.
Mounts are used like techs, meaning you have to select them at Tech Station, and then activate them by pressing "F", if terrain is not flat try jumping and then pressing "F", and move away from object, you can't activate mounts in front of an object.
Upgrading transforms has been changed because of some new changes to the game, now you can just create upgrades the same way you create base transforms and other mounts, BUT you have to do it in order, from tier 1 to tier 11, so if you want a transform that is for example tier 5, you have to create tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 and so on until tier 5.
I didn't test this mod for multiplayer, so I can't say for sure it will work.
Getting Flying mounts is the same as getting regular mounts, you just need more resources to create them. They just have primary and secondary fire, but can fly all the time without using energy. Attack damage and energy consumption is the same as for Tier 10 mounts (could change in the future but for now its like this).
With these transforms you can completely explore oceans since it will give you underwater breathing and lava/poison invulnerability so you can explore acid and lava oceans too.
Extract Starmount.rar to the Starbound Mods folder (.../steam/steamapps/starbound/giraffe_storage/mods)
It has to look like this:
My other mod:
Redpack Tech Flying Carpet - http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/redpack-tech-flying-carpet.1068/ (Used part of RedPack Jetpack tech code)
Frackin Flora - http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/frackin-flora.925/ (Used DNA icon for Monster DNA)
Some monster parts - Big thanks epsiloneagle256 for taking time and ripping some monster parts for me
AnTiMonster - http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/antimonster-big-bag-of-monsters.301/ (Used some monster parts)
Freaks of Nature - http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/freaks-of-nature.688/ (Used some monster parts)
XS Mechs - http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/xs-corp-mechs-continuation.2662/ (Used his mod as a reference for adjusting my mod for Upbeat Giraffe)
If you have any kind of problem with my mod you can send me your starbound.log file which is located in .../steam/steamapps/starbound/giraffe_storage/starbound.log
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated StarMount 5.1
StarMount - 150 Mounts - Pleased Giraffe