1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. ECC
    ECC
    5/5,
    Version: v1.3.1
    Before I discovered this mod I was left with the single option of exploration and building my ship.

Now I still only explore and build my ship, just now I get to put giant ass holes in the ground everywhere. yay!
  2. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    5/5,
    Version: v1.3a
    awesome mod, but I still want blood water :-\
  3. davidchennow
    davidchennow
    5/5,
    great
  4. Healthire
    Healthire
    5/5,
    This is a pretty cool mod I think.
  5. King Nerd
    King Nerd
    5/5,
    this mod has completely changed the way I look at this game. I hope they at least incorporate some of the awesomeness that is contained in here. I love electricity!
  6. awesomespacepossum
    awesomespacepossum
    5/5,
    For making such a good mod here have a :cookie:
  7. wsensor
    wsensor
    5/5,
    Version: v1.3
    This mod just gets better and better.
  8. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    5/5,
    Awesome! Glorious UPDATES!! ^_^ How does this ore magnet work?
    1. Starfoundry
      Author's Response
  9. sosmic
    sosmic
    5/5,
    one of the best mod so far !!!
    good job !!
  10. Laomedon
    Laomedon
    4/5,
    Version: v1.2.1
    I really like the concept and i'm very excited about it. Unfortunately it seems i cant manage the simplest liquid moving through pipes/pumps installation.
    i explain :
    I've done exactly as indicated in the tutorial : i have an energy source near the pump, pipes connecting to a liquid source and a hole, but when i switch the pump on, its screen is filled with red bars instead of a green moving light and the liquids wont go through the pipes. What did i do wrong ?
    1. Starfoundry
      Author's Response
      Hello. I'm sorry you can't get the pump working! Did you place pipe spouts at the ends of the pipes from the pump? Those are the only objects that can pick up and spawn liquids. If you need any help in the future, there's a discussion thread where you can post so that other people can also respond to you. :)
  11. frisch
    frisch
    5/5,
    I love this mod. Next pls add switches that can be triggered by other switches so i can finish my automated-selfrestarting-quarry ;D
  12. Discohydra
    Discohydra
    4/5,
    I like this mod. It's very awesome to have wire enthusiasts empowered, and being able to shape the world in various ways. I've found one issues to not work, though. It appears that liquid sensors don't work, or at least don't work when it comes to liquid generated by a Liquid extractor, which is detrimental to my automated thermoelectric plant.
    1. Starfoundry
      Author's Response
      Sorry that this isn't working for you, but it would be more helpful to report the bug in the discussion thread. I just tested the Liquid Sensor and it seems to be working fine, so it might be a conflict with other mods.
  13. tianna blood
    tianna blood
    5/5,
    I think this is the best mod I have seen yet for the game!!! hope the add a way to fuel you ship with the batteries IT IS A MUST HAVE!!!
  14. kman.awesomeguy
    kman.awesomeguy
    4/5,
    I found this mod and immediately thought of my time in minecraft, linking pipes to machines automating my everything. I was extremely excited to try it out and once I got it up and running I spent hours tinkering with pipes and fluids, and magnets. One of the best features is the ability to create conveyer belts, of a sort, for entities. Pushing mobs into a pool of acid then auto recovering their drops was highly entertaining. However, after the initial fun of the mod the novelty began to wear off. It became less and less useful the further up in tier that I went, aside from turning sand into glass automatically (Which is almost worth it just by itself.) Mining was too slow, and aside from converting ore to bars automatically there wasn't much function. I highly enjoy this mod, and feel that it is an excellent start to something much greater, maybe if pipes can integrate with other mod api's...
    Some Suggestions. A.) Automate more things, specifically farming, and consumables crafting. Perhaps throw in some way to generate stimpaks.
    B.) Create a machine that changes one block type into another, using fluid, and electrical energy. I.E. Cobble to sand, sand to mud, clay to tar.
    C.) Late Game Pixel/low-tier ore generation. More expensive, more complicated machines that make it easier to goof around with early game content.
    All in all, I consider this to be an incredible start to a mod with a lot of potential, and everyone should try it out.
    Thanks for Reading.
    1. Starfoundry
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the suggestions, and for taking the time to play through things and give a real review. We're definitely aware that the content feels a bit thin now, and have lots of plans to expand it, but these things take time. Just be patient, and we'll try to deliver more of the experience you're hoping for!
  15. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    10/10 Best mod for making your base/colony!
  16. Eskandare
    Eskandare
    5/5,
    So much fun! Adds a whole fun of things to do with "wire" stuff. I have an Apex thingy as the switch for the generator.

I only wish the drill bit dug deeper. I feel it is just too shallow of a dig for the time it takes to set up. What is the integer that dictates the depth of the drill bit? I'd love to have the drill, drill all the way down through the crust.
    1. Starfoundry
      Author's Response
      The depth of the quarry is limited at the moment by chunk loading. There should be features in this latest patch which will allow us to solve this, so hopefully in the next release your dreams of quarrying to bedrock will be possible!
  17. MrHat
    MrHat
    5/5,
    I love this mod. It is basically taking Feed the Beast from Minecraft and shoving it into Starbound! I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I love it when I have Defensive Turrets guarding my quarry, and they decide to kill the drill bit. But the drill bit isn't harmed though.
    1. Starfoundry
      Author's Response
      Using a monster for the drill bit works well but it does lead to some funny situations. For example the bit can currently get poisoned when drilling into poison. Or maybe it's acid dissolving the mechanism? We should be able to do something about the bit getting targeted by turrets, in any case.
  18. Willfarels
    Willfarels
    5/5,
    great mod!
  19. djriful
    djriful
    5/5,
    :)
  20. Juxtor
    Juxtor
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2
    This mod adds many features I think are absolutely crucial in Starbound. And with every update, more and more amazing features are added. I think with further development and additional tools/capabilities given by Chucklefish, this will be the greatest single mod available. Personally, i think these mechanics need to be officially integrated into the game once all the intended features are included!

Can't wait for more.