1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound: Universal Expansion 0.2

An expansion mod for Starbound (as the name implies).

1. bconlon
    [​IMG]
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    About
    Welcome to the Starbound: Universal Expansion Chucklefish forums page! “What is Starbound: Universal Expansion?” You ask? Starbound: Universal Expansion is a large mod planned to improve old removed features of the game or disabled features and integrate them into the current game, as well as add some new ones when needed. The keyword though is “planned”, this mod will be ever expanding; it will work on features in chunks. Some examples of chunks might be working on everything related to weapon, then working on armors, then objects, etc. Currently in the mod are way more craftable tiered weapons, some tools, foods, fuels, and a few other miscellaneous things. Another point of this mod is to keep to Starbound's style while improving and integrating old features, and when adding any new ones along the way. A discord server for the mod will be coming soon. The mod is in early alpha so don't be surprised if you need to reset the universe once biomes and planets are added or some items are removed or changed.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    Current Features
    - Tiered Weapons, Shields, and Bows
    - Some tools
    - Old foods
    - Old fuels
    - Old medicines
    - A Protectorate sidearm.
    - A few other small things.
    Check the Change Notes on the Steam page for a more detailed feature list...
    FAQ
    Coming soon...
    Bug Reports
    If you have a bug report for the mod, make sure to attach your game log through pastebin.com. The game log can be found in your Starbound directory in the "storage" folder; the name of the file is "starbound.log". To put the log onto pastebin just copy and paste all the text into the website and click "Create New Paste", then put the link in your bug report and I can try and figure out what the problem could be.
    Another important thing to include in a bug report: if you have any mods except Starbound: Universal Expansion, list them in the bug report.
    Links
    Steam:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416861954
    Discord:
    https://discord.gg/aafsduh
    Credits
    Kawa - The "Not Compatible With Frackin' Universe" picture at the bottom of the page.
    Armok_ - Idea for the Protectorate Pistol and base code to work off of.
    Jeff - Original sprites for Armok's Protectorate Pistol idea that inspired me to make my own.
    Kiato - Some help with the Plasma Shield lua.
    Degranon - Help with the Plasma Shield animations.
    Hubnester - Help with the Plasma Shield lua.
    IronicVegetarian - A friend who suggested my NPC quest based on an inside joke.
    Glitcher - Help with the Energy Spear ability lua.
    JackalChan - Violium Hammer sprite I based off of and modified for the mod.
    Nebby - Allowing me to use some lua from his quantum laser cannon for the beam of the Protectorate Pistol.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Elixirs
  2. 0.1.6
  3. 0.1.5: Tools