1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound Quest Skip - 25+ Custom Race Support [OUTDATED] 1.2

SBQS skips all the quests, unlocks all the tech, and allows you to upgrade to any ship size.

1. Kazyyk
    OUTDATED
    Please try QuickStart instead
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/quickstart.3088/

Starbound Quest Skip

Latest Versions
    Upbeat Giraffe - 1.2 - Download (Mirror)

This is a mod that's designed to allow you to play Starbound like it was before the introduction of the Quest based progression system. However, it also gives you a slight advantage by giving you all the quests rewards from the start. If you don't like them, you can discard them.

This mod does the following:

• Skips all quests, including tutorial quests
    • Grants all quest rewards, except randomly generated rewards
    • Grants 1,000 starting fuel
    • Unlocks all ship sizes for your choosing
    • Unlocks all tools and fully upgrades the Matter Manipulator
    • Unlocks all techs and nanosuits
    • Grants 99 blank tech chips to buy the unlocked techs with
    I spent quite awhile fine tuning this mod. It's currently only designed to work with fresh characters. I intend to add support for characters that are already further along sometime later.

Pending features:

• Support for characters at any ship size
    • A better name for the mod itself
    • Mission area access
    If you've enjoyed this mod, please consider taking the time to leave a review. Thank you very much!

This mod has support for 25+ custom races. You only have to apply the patch corresponding to the race you wish to use. A readme file is included with each download.

Patches for other Races
    All Races Package - 1.2 - Download
    Amfin :::::::: Download - Link to Mod

Beldehor ::: Download - Link to Mod
    Crystalath : Download - Link to Mod
    Daemon :::: Download - Link to Mod
    Familiar ::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Felin :::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Gyrusen ::: Download - Link to Mod
    Ikuul :::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Kazdra :::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Kemono :::: Download - Link to Mod

Kineptic :::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Lopunny ::::
    Download - Link to Mod
    Lucario :::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Mantis ::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Mephetor :: Download - Link to Mod
    Munari :::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Navi :::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Neko ::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Nephilim :::: Download - Link to Mod
    Ningen :::::: Download - Link to Mod

Otta ::::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Pony :::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Reptan :::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Terran ::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Viera :::::::::: Download - Link to Mod
    Vulpe :::::::: Download - Link to Mod

If your custom race isn't listed, feel free to request a patch for it.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    aaa125, Razordrake, Zephzer and 2 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Ship Upgrade Crash Fix
  2. Processor Added

Recent Reviews

1. LucainPhoenix
    LucainPhoenix
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    It's a great mod...but idk if this makes me sound stupid...but when the skip quests quest say I need to boot the ship AI and gives me no other further information on how to complete the skip quests quest and doesn't give me all the rewards and such...it's stumps me because that's my current issue
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      Sounds like a bug. I'll need to try to see if it's an issue with the mod, and if so, fix it, but also add an alternative method for activating it as well.
  2. Sonnitude
    Sonnitude
    5/5,
    Really Appreciate a mod like this, especially because as I've found, you can still DO the quests if you still desire to do them, making them purely optional, which I highly approve of. 5 Stars. Now if only you could make this more optional, so if you don't want to skip the quests, you can do them and slowly progress through them. Otherwise, awesome mod!
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      I could probably add something at the Outpost to trigger the skipping rather than have it pop-up at the beginning.
  3. Marth5543
    Marth5543
    5/5,
    An amazing mod, the best way to skip all story-based things if you are lazy like me :P
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      Thank you! Let me know if there's any features missing I could add.
  4. omletteauxfromage
    omletteauxfromage
    4/5,
    Works for all races great, except for the Munari. Even with the patch, when I click the skip quest (it is blank when I click it) and turn it in, the pilot chair and fuel box disappear.
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      I've updated the patch to work with the latest version of the Munari race mod.
  5. bstival7
    bstival7
    5/5,
    I personally don't know what I would do without this mod. Even though I use it often, I really hope you make the skip itself optional. I'm using the "Your Crew" mod and this means I can't use your mod while playing it.
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      It's already compatible. Just pickup the quest from the satellite dish at the Outpost.
  6. Tesel
    Tesel
    4/5,
    Really like the mod, worked great for all my vanilla races.....however..
    I use the Neko Race Mod (Human Ship) and I couldn't do it right with the Neko race. It doesn't give any rewards and the ship can't be upgraded. I know you're probably already aware of this, but it's a major drawback imo. If you can inform when it'll be possible to work with custom races, that'd be awesome.
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      I released a patch specifically for the Neko race.
  7. Drunn
    Drunn
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    good work... tho i have this problem: after I skip all the quests, all seems good except for the fuel tank that still needs to be repaired. So, since i skip quest, i can't get fuel tank working properly. any solution to this?
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      Could you be more descriptive, please? You should be able to add the awarded fuel to your ship.
  8. Zephzer
    Zephzer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Really useful mod!
  9. UFOLoche
    UFOLoche
    4/5,
    Version: 0.1
    It's a great way to skip all the monotony. I do wish there was a way to skip with custom races, though...
    1. Kazyyk
      Author's Response
      Might be possible. I'll look into it!
  10. Kid Jupiter
    Kid Jupiter
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Excellent mod! Useful, clean, I love it. Thanks!