1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound Planet Scanner BETA 1.2.2

Reads all planet information from in game Navigator with the press of a key!

1. SteelAvian
    Mod Made Redundant
    After the upcoming winter update, this mod will no longer function. The game will be adding true interface modding capabilities, which is the right way to implement a planet scanner. This method of OCR based planet scanning via an external windows application is no longer practical. I hope you all enjoyed using it!

I can't wait to see what modder makes the best planet DB mod.

OLD DESCRIPTION:

[​IMG]

Finally, an automatic way to log planets with no typing! Using a custom OCR (optical character recognition) engine, I've created a program that can interpret screenshots of the Starbound Planet Navigator. Simply open Starbound, open the navigator, mouse over the planet you want to log and hit print-screen. If you hear a ding, it worked!

Once the planets are logged in a sortable spreadsheet notes can be added or details can be changed.

Features:
    • Automatically reads X, Y, Biome, Threat, Name and System from the Starbound application
    • Sort-able and editable spreadsheet view
    • Import/Export features featuring easy to use XML files
    • Export format can be used by other planet log sites/apps

Limitations:

• Currently windows only, also requires .NET 4.5
    • If you're using a mac in bootcamp, you need to hit shift-fn-f11 instead of print screen.
    • This program scans the active monitor when print screen is pressed, it will not work if Starbound is minimized or on a secondary monitor.
    • The mouse cursor must be over the targeted planet (otherwise it just logs the system.
    • If you are using a UI mod that changes the navigator this scanner will probably not work
    • If you are using a very low resolution, planet names will not be completely identified
    Installation:
    • Extract and enjoy! You might need to install .NET Framework 4.5, but it will prompt you.
    • If upgrading, copy your data and planetpics folders into the new directory before running.
    I also accept bitcoin tips to aid in development at 16K9awt7tfdgiWB79qzbSH4wpfoU3VS8zP

Full source is available at github:
    https://github.com/showmethebitcoin/Starbound-Planet-Scanner
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. SBDBActionShot.png
    2. SBDBScreenShot.PNG

Recent Reviews

1. mappo
    mappo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.2
    This program's function is really awesome,but when i pressed the key of print-screen and it didn't appear a ding ,instead it's a error sound of windows.After that nothing happened,lol.
  2. KnUDDelMUffin
    KnUDDelMUffin
    5/5,
    really cool
  3. lcz20
    lcz20
    5/5,
    This what I wanna most!
  4. Chucklehead
    Chucklehead
    5/5,
    A great way of saving time when specifically looking for tech. If this was in the vanilla game, I think it could be good for it to be unlocked in either the delta or X sector so that beginners can just explore and then later when they get accustom to the game it could be used for a more focused search for items.
  5. peng5629
    peng5629
    5/5,
    does it show you wats on it?
  6. Cocatox
    Cocatox
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1
    we need something like this in vanilla game
  7. peng5629
    peng5629
    5/5,
    nvm but when i scan it doesnt work
  8. NeoVanAlemania
    NeoVanAlemania
    5/5,
    Great idea, it works perfect and helps a lot to explore the planets! :)