1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound Easy Mode 1.74

Should be fixed, if you find errors, please us discussion thread!

1. dcsk8erboy
    To make compatible with INDUSTRILIZATION MOD, just *delete* my "biomes" folder from my mod. That is all you have to do. This will make it so ore spawn does not increase, but you get all the other benefits and you get to run Industrialization.

To make compatible with other Ship Mods, delete the "ships" folder inside of This mod!

Furious Koala: Still need to fix 210 armor files, until then you will have normal armor stats!

Feel free to discuss what you would like to see or like/dislike in this mod!

This mod makes the game a little easier.

To install just extract the files to the Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods folder, and enjoy!

Armor:
    - All ore and tier armors for all races have double Defense, HP Increase, Warmth, Energy Increase, and Energy Regeneration.
    - Space Suit now has warmth effects so you should be able to wear it in space.
    - Snow Infantry takes half the amount of leather to make.
    - All armor can now be put in refinery for pixels. The better the armor, the more pixels you get.
    - Ships can now hold up to 5000 fuel.
    Ore/Bars:
    - All crafted bars now take half as much ore.
    - Coal ore only takes 5 unrefined wood to craft now.
    1.2 UPDATE
    - Coal ore now gives 10 fuel per ore instead of 2.
    - Uranium Ore and Rods now give 12 each instead of 4
    - Plutonium Rods now give 15 fuel each instead of 6
    - Solarium Ore and Rods now give 20 each instead of 8

Items/Crafting:
    - Made the Matter Manipulator better so you can use it for things early on in the game.
    - All stims last 3X longer and the effects are doubled.
    - Torches no longer require coal ore to make.
    - Bandages only take 2 plant fibre to make now.
    - Wood Planks output raised to 5.
    - Alien meat that is cooked now yields two Cooked Alien Meats.
    - Refinery now gives you 80% of your pixels back from voxels instead of 60%.
    - Bombs are now craftable with 2 iron ore and 1 torch.
    - Ship Lockers are now moveable and craftable.
    1.2 UPDATE
    - You can now craft Red, Green, Blue and Yellow stims for 10 pixels each in your character crafting window.

Techs:
    - Increased Butterfly Boost Speed and Dash speed.
    - Decreased energy needed to use Butterfly Boost, Dash and Pulse Jump.
    - Added an extra jump to the Pulse Jump
    1.2 UPDATE
    - Decreased Energy needs for Butterfly Boost, Pulse Jump and Dash by a lot.
    - Pulse Jump now allows you to jump 3 extra times!

Miscellaneous:
    - Max HP, Energy, Breath and Food are doubled for new players.
    1.2 UPDATE
    - Ships can now hold up to 5000 fuel.

1.3 UPDATE
    - Fixed some issues with Apex tier greaves.
    - Added back new players start with double health, energy, energyregen, max breath and food.

1.33 UPDATE
    - Guns now take half the amount of energy to use.
    - Fall Damage is decreased by half.
    - Dying will only cost 10% of you pixels now instead of 30%.
    - Wooden Beds, crafted at the wooden crafting stations, now heal you a LOT faster.
    1.34 UPDATE
    - Surface ore spawn increased for new planets
    - all ore spawn increased a little, the deeper you go the more ore you find.

1.36 UPDATE
    - Increased drop rates of hunting to 99%, and basic drops from 80 to 90%.
    - I also increased the amount of pixels that drop.

1.37 UPDATE
    - Forced Durasteelbar recipe at metalworkstation due to bugs.

1.4 UPDATE
    -Fixed the Monster HP problem.
    - Slightly balanced the ore, more balancing still needs to be done. I might go back to default and only increased the deeper ore content.

1.41 UPDATE
    - FIxed issues with monster HP, for some reason the file didn't save correctly last time, must have put up the wrong one somehow!
    -FIxed Ore generation. Other than coal, all surface ores are the same, but as you dig deeper there is much more ore!
    -I will work on compatibility for other ship mods in the next update!

- I keep forgetting to say, but the matter manipulator now reaches twice as far, though you probably already noticed that by now!

1.5 UPDATE
    - Meteor Showers no longer destroy blocks, so your homes are safe!
    1.53 UPDATE
    - Finally got small AND Large Meteors to not damage blocks!

If you have any problems let me know! Enjoy!

Let me know what you think and any tweeks or additions you would like to see!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. hotmitts
    hotmitts
    5/5,
    Version: 1.74
    Essential Mod for some player types like me who enjoy a smoother ride than the current build provides. Many thanks for providing us with this game experience.
  2. Hayther
    Hayther
    5/5,
    Version: 1.74
    This makes it a lot more enjoyable. I actually made it to the Gamma sector and kept on going. I really look forward to sticking with this mod as Starbound keeps getting updated!
  3. cavanmiller13
    cavanmiller13
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7
    Fantastic mod. I love the changes it makes, and I'm a fan of not working my way back up from the update the long way.
  4. Gojira
    Gojira
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    Brilliant mod, helped me get up the tiers a lot easier. I'd just like to say, however, that there's a tiny bit of a balance error: Coal now provides 1000 fuel rather than 10. A typo, I presume?
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      haha wow, I forgot to change that back! :x I will do that immediately! thanks for letting me know!
  5. magetartking
    magetartking
    5/5,
    Version: 1.41
    love this mod makes the game a lot easier :)
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like it! Hope it helps everyone with the next character wipe!
  6. Doluto
    Doluto
    5/5,
    Version: 1.40
    Hey, you should also include that the only way to make the mod compatible with other ship mods is to delete the ships folder or the race's ship folder. Other than that, good mod.
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      I will work on that, I should be able to make it compatible with all mods, I'll mess around with it, Thanks for the review!
  7. HamDemon
    HamDemon
    4/5,
    Version: 1.40
    Thanks for the quick update! The changes in the ore generation are slight but noticeable. I think it's a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, after a quick test, it seems that the monster HP is still higher than average. Thankfully, the increased effectiveness of the healing items has balanced this out so far. I know this'll get fixed eventually, so keep up the good work!
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Wow, I cant believe I didn't save the leveling file,(monster HP file) in the right mod. But this time, it's for sure fixed!

I also fixed ore genreation, other than coal slightly increased on surface, as you dig deeper there is more and more ore.

Sorry for all the trouble! I need to delete some of the backups I have, gets confusing!
  8. HamDemon
    HamDemon
    4/5,
    Version: 1.38
    Played around with a new character for a bit to see the tweaks in action and I have to say this mod makes some aspects of the game a lot more reasonable (especially when it comes to early fuel issues). Some things may be a little TOO easy; for example, I like the 1:1 smelting ratio, but there seems to me an insane amount of ore generated on each planet. One or the other could probably keep an easy, yet fun balance.

Also, when I play with this mod on, the health of monsters goes up by a factor of maybe 20. I tried uninstalling every mod except this one and got the same results on the same character using the same weapon. Taking this mod off returns the health of enemies to normal.
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Thanks for catching that Monster HP mess up, somehow my main Starbound files got switched to my hardmode files, so when I added the file to change the gun energy levels, it also increased Monster HP. who knows how long it's been like that! Thanks for catching that!

Also, I didn't change much, more changes will be made later, but I made surface ore spawn a little less, and deeper ore spawn a little more. may still need balancing tho, thanks again!
  9. AirBreather
    AirBreather
    4/5,
    Version: 1.37
    Tried it again with the updated mod. No difference. Unsure if the problem would show up if restarted the *entire* game.

I believe the sequence is supposed to go something like this:
    1) Defeat Dragon King boss, get dragon bone item
    2) Use dragon bone item to get Starmap Upgrade MK4
    3) After using the MK4 upgrade, the recipe to make durasteel bars is supposed to show up at the metalwork station. Along with tier 4 weapons & armours & the durasteel tech upgrade (for future tech 5 lvl weapons & armours).
    4) Make durasteel bars!
    5) ???
    6) Profit! :P

The problem is at step 3 above - the ability to make the bars does not show up, nor does the durasteel tech upgrade (the weapons, armours, and decoratives do fine). I don't think the problem is with the *recipe*, more with it somehow not being triggered into the metalwork station after the MK4 upgrade. Which is strange.

And the *only* mod I used was yours. Hmm... Well, since the character wipe & patch is expected tomorrow (at the earliest), I don't think it makes too much sense for me to start/try an entirely new game again.

Don't suppose you can make a quick (other file) mod to force durasteel bar crafting without any requirements? It'll be a temp workaround.

Other tidbits:
    The 1:1 ore to bar is generally awesome! However, diamond ores still do 2:1 to make whole diamonds. Was this on purpose?
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      That is very strange.. I took out everything to do with Durasteel bars, so it should be default for the game.

And the dimond ore was intentional. Diamond normally requires 3 ore, but my mod just takes 1 requirement away from everything, but I can change that. and I will force Durasteel bars.

Sorry for ll the trouble, I truly have no idea why this is happening!
  10. AirBreather
    AirBreather
    4/5,
    Version: 1.36
    Great overall! Made my playing experience a lot easier and more fun! :)

I think the durasteel problem is still around (I'm using whatever version is current as at Jan 18th, started with a new game) - defeated the bone dragon, unlocked the whatever sector, playing in there - but the option to make durasteel bars does not exist anywhere (checked all of metalwork station and robotic crafting table). I am totally locked at this point because the next tech requires it (capture station and so on). Don't know why...

Also, There seems to be more ores on the surface then the mid levels. Kind of strange. :P Be great if the same amounts on the surface, then crazy lots as you go deeper.
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      hmm, i'm not sure why it was messing up. I checked both the recipes for durasteel bars, and they matched up with the normal recipes in Starbound.

I just deleted them from the mod files, you'll have to craft them the old way, but, I don't know what was making it mess up!
      Thanks for the review!