1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound Composer 0.8.6

Starbound Composer is an ABC editor/player/converter specifically designed for Starbound.

1. Circle Cell
    Circle Cell
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8.6
    Great!
  2. Superchumpkin
    Superchumpkin
    5/5,
    Great Program
  3. Knightyblock
    Knightyblock
    4/5,
    I can't get it to start, It says:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt program "windows".

Available platform plugins are: windows.

Reinstalling the program may help fix this problem.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I see the Qt file in the folders, why wont it start?
  4. GoldBacon
    GoldBacon
    4/5,
    I need it for a mac...
  5. Rexzo Kuxne
    Rexzo Kuxne
    4/5,
    It's great just for some reason it won't detect the modded instruments. The box is checked in preferences I've tried almost everything put the mod in giraffe only, koala only, both storage's, unchecking the box, rechecking it, leaving it as a .modpak in the mod folder, having it as a folder, having a copy of both folder and .modpak. Looking on the internet for answers. google, Reddit, the community page. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's had/has this problem..and I'm using a Windows computer btw.
    1. Lrns123
      Author's Response
      The current version does not yet support the storage directories. As a workaround, put the mods in path/to/starbound/mods directory, instead of path/to/starbound/giraffe_storage/mods.
  6. Hypercmd
    Hypercmd
    5/5,
    1. Lrns123
  7. Gir554
    Gir554
    5/5,
    Excellent program, though it would be really nice if it was updated to check the new mods directory rather than the old one so I don't need duplicates of my instrument mods.
  8. baconsama25
    baconsama25
    5/5,
    It's a great tool! Helps a lot on importing songs from internet or simply running them without starbound open.
  9. TheBrickNinja
    TheBrickNinja
    4/5,
    It is quite a good program. It would be excellent but on my mac none of my modded instruments are showing up and that is quite disappointing.
  10. rheinzo
    rheinzo
    5/5,
    You are a life saver... Thank you so much.
  11. XxL3G1TS4VAG3xX
    XxL3G1TS4VAG3xX
    5/5,
    Helped me a lot in converting music into .abc
  12. acemaster1993
    acemaster1993
    5/5,
    works good
  13. Tuesday's Eyebrow
    Tuesday's Eyebrow
    4/5,
    It would be awesome if you could include an option to change tempo via note scaling rather than Q= (Which is really buggy for some reason). Also, I would have posted this in the discussion section if I could find one... It seems to have mysteriously disappeared.
  14. TheConchNorris
    TheConchNorris
    5/5,
    I've used this before, and it is excellent. One problem, though. I recently had to install a new harddrive, and when I tried to use this again, it said it couldn't find the QTWindows directory. I've looked online and couldn't find anything. From past experience, though, it's a great program!
  15. NeuRazgriz
    NeuRazgriz
    5/5,
    this tool is great,and it's also updated,from what i can see. I don't know why it is in this section,but anyway, people really need to use this if they want to make a good music for starbound. the only bad thing is that i cannot really edit a song like in ORG maker\Musescore (via clicking on the note),but whatever... It's still great!
  16. MrStrangerPL
    MrStrangerPL
    5/5,
    I just love it! Works perfect, even with this ,,outdated'' tag.
  17. Noctiluca
    Noctiluca
    5/5,
    This program is incredibly useful and has been a huge help with creating .ABC files for Starbound!! It works excellently and if you're looking to convert .MIDI to .ABC, the songs sound great ingame without a bunch of extra editing. Highly recommend!
  18. Jidairo
    Jidairo
    5/5,
    This is exactly what we musicians have always needed, adding our own music to our favorite game!
  19. kawaiiChiimera
    kawaiiChiimera
    5/5,
    Its very useful, especially when you have a 10 instrument song and can't get together 10 people to play it!
  20. MarisaKirisame
    MarisaKirisame
    5/5,
    There we go, now the Linux version works flawlessly, as I had hoped.