1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound Composer 0.8.6

Starbound Composer is an ABC editor/player/converter specifically designed for Starbound.

1. The3rdreplicator
    The3rdreplicator
    3/5,
    Version: 0.8.6
    This sounds great but I can't get it working at all on linux.
  2. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    You are back!
    Works beautifully as before!
    Thank you for this
  3. Seirun
    Seirun
    4/5,
    It finally loads the base stuff, but it won't load .pak mods.
    Fantastic to have it back, though.
  4. MarisaKirisame
    MarisaKirisame
    4/5,
    Version: 0.8.5
    It was good while it worked, but I'm disappointed by the lack of Linux and OSX updates.
  5. MunKy
    MunKy
    4/5,
    This is an amazing piece of work. As a composer I have been able to convert my own songs into this nifty little tool.
    I gave it 4 stars, only because the piano roll is not actually functional, although it IS very helpful. If the midi notes were editable in the piano roll this would be a 5/5 perfect add on. Still, I dont expect editing midi since this is a free program and for what it is its astounding.
  6. pdimonn
    pdimonn
    5/5,
    Excellent work, but it seems like Upbeat Giraffe's directory doesn't quite work with Starbound Composer. It makes so there are no instruments showing up and no music playing in SC. I'd love a fix.
  7. Mr. Rogue ace
    Mr. Rogue ace
    5/5,
    Just what I wanted, a composer plus a song player, in that way I could sit there experimenting with songs made by others, figuring out what instrument works best
  8. KuroKyo
    KuroKyo
    5/5,
    Fantastic! I've tried so many different converters and none of them seem to do it right! Where has this been all my life! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
  9. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    Woah!!!

Very mighty tool,
    perfectly working,
    all instruments controllable - i actually made my own versions of old gamesoundtracks for the instruments in Starbound :D

I will upload some Videos in the near future.

Thanks again for this^^
  10. Osoreshi
    Osoreshi
    5/5,
    The best tool an ABC editor and instrument creation in Starbound (and maybe even more) can possibly have. It has spared me hours of testing by not having to even execute the game.
  11. Kritik
    Kritik
    4/5,
    Update for mods in Enraged Koala.
  12. Padiddled
    Padiddled
    5/5,
    This is an excellent idea for a program. I had to do some digging around to find it though, because the main link for the download wasn't working. All in all, this program makes my life a little easier. :3
  13. PseudoGold
    PseudoGold
    5/5,
    It took a bit to get some MIDI files working, but in the end I got it working. This allowed me to get a favourite of mine's soundtrack into the game.
  14. Oddbrother
    Oddbrother
    5/5,
    Easy access to all the instruments and ABC data make playtesting and organizing songs and notes a breeze before sharing and performing.
  15. Yanrishatum
    Yanrishatum
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8.3b
    Awesome tool.
    Annoying suggestion: Make a piano for ABC editing working (like pressing button and hearing sound) and marked, which note is assigned to this button. In perfect way: Make it possible, to recrod music while playing and emitting piano with keyboard.
  16. joriandrake
    joriandrake
    5/5,
    Using this for everything since the second day I began playing, really time to give it full score on review.
  17. Cyanistic
    Cyanistic
    5/5,
    This is an amazing program disguised as a mod. (Being in the mod section and all.)

It does all that it says it can and will do and excels in that.
    being a media player of sorts slash creation program, there's not much you can ask of it past what it already has and for that, I feel like it deserves a 5 star rating.
    You can play music.
    You can play music as a band.
    You can edit music.
    You can control the volume.
    You can pick instruments.
    You can save, create, delete, and open songs.

Great job! I really appreciate the hard work put into this!
  18. Quatroking
    Quatroking
    5/5,
    Best program ever if you're interested in ABC music and Starbound.
  19. KarrsGoVroom
    KarrsGoVroom
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8.3
    Absolutely amazing! Easy to use! I was able to import MIDIs of my favourite games and edit/merge the tracks I wanted. Thanks again!
  20. BlazeFaia
    BlazeFaia
    4/5,
    Version: 0.8.3
    Very useful. Might I make a suggestion to add midi input from a keyboard? Just got mine back inside after years and I'm finding a lack of programs that read from it.
    1. Lrns123
      Author's Response
      You might be better off looking for a MIDI editor to take your keyboard input and turning that into a MIDI file, and then import it into Starbound Composer afterwards.