1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[Starbound 1.4+] Playable Fenerox! 1.8.0 + 2020-07-31

Makes the adorable Fenerox species, playable!

1. TanzNukeTerror
    [​IMG]

This mod makes the Fenerox into a playable species!

[​IMG]
    This mod does not work with vanilla multiplayer. Everyone on the server must have this mod installed to avoid some crashes.

This mod is very much a work-in-progress. Most, if not all art is placeholder, the ship's art isn't complete, etc.

[​IMG]
    To install: Download the .zip file from this page. Open it, and put 'Playable Fenerox.pak' (or 'Playable Fenerox - Unstable (date).pak') into your mods folder.

WARNING: Unstable may be, as its name implies, unstable. I'm not making sure each version of this runs properly, I'm just packing what I do whenever I do things.

If you don't already have a species selection extender, and only want to use one additional species, put 'Additional Species 1.pak' in your mod folder as well.

To uninstall: Make sure you don't have any Fenerox objects lying around, or any Fenerox characters left over. Then delete 'Playable Fenerox.pak' from your mods folder. (And 'Additional Species 1.pak' and/or 'Prismatic Fenerox 1.0.pak' if you no longer want that.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If you enjoy this mod, please leave a rating. It will help me know what people like, and it makes me feel good to have made you happy. c:

[​IMG]

Please note that since the mod is a work in progress, the screenshots are not final.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Unstable 2020-07-31
  2. Unstable 2020-07-30
  3. Unstable 2020-07-29

Recent Reviews

1. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ
    ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8.0 + Unstable 18-12-16
    Does this have greenfinger dialogue?
  2. Natural Aura
    Natural Aura
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8.0 + Nightly! 18-11-01
    I love how your releasing all these nightly builds for the Fenerox! I always preferred WIP mods to progress like this, it really helps us get a understanding where the mod is at and how its being actively worked on. Keep up the great work! :D
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I've always /kinda/ wanted to do a Nightly build, but some days I just do so little that I never felt like it was justified. After so much time just not updating at all, I started to really feel like I should release /something/, so the idea for a nightly build returned. c:
  3. artguk
    artguk
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8.0
    Thank you!
  4. [starbound] blu
    [starbound] blu
    4/5,
    Version: 1.8.0
    Update the first ship and wall's. Good mod.
  5. Mugtut
    Mugtut
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7.0
    Omg i've been looking for great mods like this that should have already been made!
  6. Fhugo
    Fhugo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7.0
    Waiting for the ship upgrade, nice work, they look very cool.
    Are you planning on changing the weasels to meerkats??
    Stay cool :)
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      >Are you planning on changing the weasels to meerkats??

Ye, just all the non-sprite work is first. The boring background stuff.
  7. lemes
    lemes
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6.0
    i can be a furry in space now
  8. Corgi King
    Corgi King
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.3
    This is a great mod for people who want to play as the Fenerox. Even though most of the stuff in it is placeholder, and the ship isn't that complete, its a good mod. Though I was wondering if I could help maybe giving a few textures and stuff to help the mod?
  9. Zach_Attack
    Zach_Attack
    4/5,
    Version: 0.4.0
    Would be 5 stars But the ship is uh... Not that good right now, To say the least. When that gets fixed though I would give it 10 out of 5 stars.
  10. oodoo147
    oodoo147
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4.0
    This mod is great, I've loved playing as the Fenerox. This mod has everything that a race mod could ask for, minus a few bugs, but other than that it is outstanding. Also ,just a few ideas, could you give them some more pants, and custom hurt sounds.
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      The goal is to have them so complete you can't even tell they're a modded species. Could you tell me what bugs, in the discussion section?