1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[Starbound 1.0+] Tanz' Lighting Overhaul! 1.4.1

Overhauled lighting system with loads of customization!

1. JT`
    JT`
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4.1
    Can't believe I never left a review for this before, but this remains one of my favourite mods. Although particularly high-detail mission areas like the Outpost, (Elithian Races) Starfarer's Refuge, or (Elithian Races) Creon Embassy will stutter slightly when running with the TanzLO-main pack, I think the sheer gain in visual quality is well worth the FPS penalty.

I suggest not using the Monsters addon, as although it is highly clever, it doesn't support mod-added unique monsters and it can get very frustrating. It definitely adds an element to the gameplay, though: try it and decide for yourself!
  2. BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke
    5/5,
    OY, this mod is really good! Works like a charm.
  3. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie
    SkyeTheTerribleBeastie
    5/5,
    Does what it says on the box, and very well. I recommend it!
  4. Lengey
    Lengey
    5/5,
    Must have if you want a BIG IMMERSION! Damn how i love this one!
  5. Chofranc
    Chofranc
    5/5,
    Ok, following the old No Player Glow, i came to here a find more stuff to increase the immersion, all works like a charm :), you forgot to put a gif with the different versions of the ore glow and i don't know if is possible to you to make a version of the ore glow without ore glow at all. Thank for the great mod.
  6. Tickles_McGee
    Tickles_McGee
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4.0
    Love this mod! I makes the game look incredibly pretty, and I love the customization.

The only flaw is that FU disables the aura so if you like having auras from this mod your boned. Otherwise an amazing mod!

Kudos!
  7. Zach_Attack
    Zach_Attack
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3.5
    Would be 5 stars if was unstable compatible.
    Other than that Amazing Mod!
  8. Shadow Wolf TJC
    Shadow Wolf TJC
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.5
    So glad to see that at least someone else has been developing variations of my mods in my absence. With the addition of all of these add-ons, it certainly blows my old Shadow-Casting Lighting mod out of the water.
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      I actually didn't know about yours until it popped up in the mods section after you updated to discontinue, honestly. But thanks! c:
  9. Pepperpeps
    Pepperpeps
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.4
    do you think you could add an option for novaboys to glow when the player glow is off for others? other than that its a pretty solid mod
  10. Luthor614
    Luthor614
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.4
    Very good mod, adds incredible ambiance to an immersive world ;-)
  11. HarryShezar
    HarryShezar
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    Really makes things look better! The extra realism is a nice bonus too.
  12. Extazy620
    Extazy620
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    Awesome mod ! But can you improve the monster mod please? We need light to see monsters when we are really closer
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      Working on some sort of line-of-sight system, don't worry. c:
  13. Maxiplayer
    Maxiplayer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    the game lighting system should be like this, more realistic
  14. Wow_Space
    Wow_Space
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    Alotta options to what you want and such little changes add so much to the game. 10/10
  15. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    I adore the subtle yet obvious changes this applies to all lighting, and I look forward to the updated FU compatibilty patch to see how it works with my mod :)
  16. Valestro
    Valestro
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.8
    Excelente trabalho.
  17. DiggleDugger
    DiggleDugger
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.7
    If you are reading this and you aren't sure if you want this mod or not, don't think just download. There are choices for everyone, and once you use it there is no turning back.
  18. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.7
    Works beautifully and exactly as explained!
    Thanks for this!
  19. Other
    Other
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.6
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Now it's almost a challenge to find the little buildings and such underground without the massive light bloom to give them away.
  20. sleepy123
    sleepy123
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.5.1
    Does what it promises. It seems so simple yet it adds so much to the game. 5 stars.