1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Sphere Walking 1.0

Sphere techs now have a walking speed

1. Caanzeexen
    When using any vanilla sphere tech, hold Shift (or whatever is your walk/MM precision key) to move slower, just like when walking in humanoid form. The main point of this is to avoid falling off walls when using Spike Sphere with speed boosts; and generally to make movement more accurate.

Default speeds are unchanged.

Walking speeds are based on the 8/14 ratio used for humanoid walking. They are still affected by speed boosts from status effects.
    Distortion Sphere: 8 (14 normally).
    Sonic Sphere: 6 (10 normally).
    Aqua Sphere: 8 (14 normally) when on ground and 10 (18 normally) when in liquid. Also affects the speed of spinning.
    Spike Sphere: 5 (10 normally). It's even lower than 8/14 ratio to make really sure you don't detach from the surface. Tested with simultaneous 50% speed boost from green stimpacks, 20% speed boost from some food and an extra 15% speed boost from yet another status effect.

This mod doesn't change lua scripts of the techs directly, so it hopefully will be compatible with other tech mods.

It had little testing, particularly in part of mod compatibility and multiplayer. Tell me about any problems in discussions section.

I made this mod because a quick search didn't yield any solution for the spike sphere falling off walls that wasn't incorporated into a larger mod and didn't involve just reducing speed of normal movement. Maybe I just didn't see something. But in any case, hope you enjoy!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    xhoneyholicc, Accelerathor and 5tern like this.

Recent Reviews

1. artguk
    artguk
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    good!