1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Spacebound 2.1

Changes nebulae, clouds, aurora, and the nav comp. for a much larger variety of enhanced visuals

1. Quick fix - sorry for the trouble :/

MoonOne
    hey all - somehow the sky.config file that was with 2.0 was not the one I intended

so this update just has the correct version - it gets rid of a good chunk of the orbital clouds - and hopefully will help with nebulae spawn getting out of control the longer you travel

( if you already downloaded 2.0 )

just one file change - if your hard up on download size - here is a link with just the correct file

download and extract into spacebound or nebulae folder -
    dawnstorme likes this.
  2. Don't feel blue - yo its version TWO

MoonOne
    ello- it is version 2.0 yay

here is a list of changes - mostly complete

1- AURORA - I would like to apologize for some of the crap that was in there before - forgot there was unfinished stuff - yada yada - so I went in and did what I did with the Nebulae last update - made a bunch of changes and made new stuff - I hope I made up for my lacklusterness in this area before :D

2- made some changes in sky.config to stars - there are less now - sparkle slightly different

3- slight changes...
    Drecondius and dawnstorme like this.
  3. It is so much - I are very tired

MoonOne
    Howdy - I am about to collapse asleep - I just finished up re-doing the overview page (main page) which took hours - o_O

There were a bunch of fixes for art mostly with this update - the nebulae are sweeto
    clouds fixed here and there
    a couple new clouds

ran into a bump with .pak so the mod is still unpacked

zzzz

if you have any problems - PM me or hit up the discussion

for anything I might have forgot - it is probably on the front page now

zzzzz

take care -

grab new VitsotU patch...
  4. Send in the clouds, where are the clouds

MoonOne
    Isn't it rich?
    Are we a pair?
    Me here at last on the ground,
    You in mid-air.
    Send in the clouds.......................

To change things up I present a changelog with pics.

1- Altered stars a tad to help with fps
    2- Altered how nebulae spawn again to try to spread them out some
    3- Altered, touched-up, re-sized, and even re-placed nebulae
    4- forgot to say last patch I put the nebulae you can see on moons back in - and now they
    have been altered and touched up
    5- Changed Gas giant color...
    Tamorr likes this.
  5. What did you do this time :O

MoonOne
    What did I do this time? that is a good question.
    well - this will let you play in newest version - that is good
    - the version strings are removed - probably helped with something :D
    -it is not in .pak form - I might leave it this way for a bit - any suggestions otherwise?
    -I think I finished the Nav comp - a couple more things to help blend into the color theme
    - gave the different Suns a facelift
    - gave gas giants a little skin graph
    -I went and changed a few clouds , and edited/fixed some...
    tonidouz likes this.
  6. For you and you and you!

MoonOne
    Thanks for the kind words everyone -

I realized that size can matter, especially in this instance - so I did the only thing I could think to try to help out on that end.

The mod is now downloadable in 3 separate parts!!

mix and match do what you will - I hope this helps out.

see the main page - but its separated into
    1-nav computer
    2-nebulae
    3-aurora+clouds

and of course you can use the normal download link for the whole package, and extreme version is hanging in for now. The light...
  7. Slight of hand

MoonOne
    It's magic - confetti nebulae - yeah that thing you keep seeing and /sigh - well - rejoice - and throw some confetti - it is gone :D

added a couple more nebulae -

couple fixes -

mostly wanted to fix some nebulae - hope you enjoy - extreme was updated - light version didn't need to be changed
    tonidouz likes this.
  8. Where is my mind?

MoonOne
    howdy - sooo - my head is pretty racked open right now - and its possible everything will come crumbling down - working on the three versions got very confusing for a bit - hope everything is working ok - if not - now you know why kinda :D On with the info

There are now 3 versions - normal light and extreme - see the main page for details and links

Fixed some stuff up

made some tweaks

Added some new aurora

added a bunch of new nebulae

changing FTL again - making it less crazy?......
  9. Enraging isnt it?

MoonOne
    Hey everyone - updated to Enraged Koala.
    just wanted to get this out there - was still in the middle of doing stuff when patch came out- but through testing and stuff - it seemed stable enough and I'm not sure how long the other stuff will take so - thought I'd send this your way

To note: Variety patch is being worked on - will have most of the old changes but some new stuff too I think - gotta get in game and see what he has made :D

I am pretty sure Next update I will have some extra...
  10. The calm before the storm...

MoonOne
    Hey everyone - hope you are all doing well -
    new version - new stuff - I'll try to remember all of it

1) ftl was sped up a tiny notch
    2) nebulae re-calibrated
    3) new planet and cluster added to nebulae
    4) touched up a couple nebulae
    5) touched up a few aurora
    6) added some background moving textures to snow, desert, and jungle to simulate - snow, dust storm, and mist. These are cosmetic and do not affect weather -
    7) added new on planet clouds - some are slight variations on original and...