1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Stations 0.6.3

Space Stations! WIP

1. magewish4
    ( Based on the satellites mod pack: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/satellites-pack.2783/ )
    NOTE: I have not yet posted this mod on Steam. This mod is still a work in progress and I am wary of putting it on a platform that will auto-update. When the mod reaches a more stable point I will post it to Steam.

Adds spacestations! This mod is in the early stages, so testing and feedback/requests is appreciated. I would especially like feedback on features for the stations that would be good for multiplayer, since one intention is for these to work as safe multiplayer bases.

Like Fracking Universe, this mod edits planet generation, so you may have to restart your universe or travel some distance to get the stations to spawn. The space stations will not spawn around any of the new system types that FU adds (ie: binary, black sun). At some point I plan to make stations spawn there, but only once I have a few more station types floating about.

You can add your own stations for a modded race! See the example: https://github.com/pixlar/kirhosStations

Spacestations are found from the navigation window on your ship, the same way planets are.

[​IMG]
    They are usually found orbiting planets, but they can also be seen from the system view.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently includes:
    - Protectorate Space Stations
    The remains of the protectorate are out there! These space stations are protected and guarded. There is sometimes a visiting ship in doking bay 1 and the occasional raider >.>

[​IMG]
    Stupid Merchant, I was having a moment
    [​IMG]

- Hylotl Space Stations
    Similar to Protectorate Stations, but with more fish people!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

-Glitch Space Station

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Tech maze Space Stations
    A maze filled with bandits

Apex Space Station
    Event Ready! The Miniknog have built a space station to expand their influence.

Events
    Events occur on stations every 20 minutes. More events to come.
    Events:
    Raiders (Avian, Apex, and Floran)
    Calm (Loudspeakers give random announcements)

Visiting Ships
    The Protectorate Station gets random ships in docking bay 1 (lower left). Visiting crew will leave when the ship does, but while its there you should talk to there quartermaster. They might have some cargo to offload.
    Cargo - Cargo is randomly filled. It may be useful! It may be junk! It may be valuable! Do you want to try it?

Compatibility:
    Frackin Universe
    TrueSpace - thanks to bk3k for TS compatability
    Stations may not appear around stars - only orbiting planets. Also, the numbers need some tweaking...

Shadow Wolf TJC for the original Satellites mod
    bk3k for TrueSpace Compatability

To Do:
    - More station rooms
    - Floran Stations
    - Avian Stations
    - Novakid Stations
    - Custom NPCs for the stations
    - Wrecked stations (replacing the tech maze)
    - More station events
    - Refit the Glitch and Hylotl stations for events

Github repo:
    https://github.com/pixlar/m4_spacestations
    https://github.com/pixlar/kirhosStations
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Aer-ink
    Aer-ink
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6.3
    still usefull if you don't want to use the latest version
  2. heavenlyuser
    heavenlyuser
    4/5,
    Version: .6
    Nice but way way too common. If possible a version with like a quarter the spawn rate or something would be nice... I see them at every corner :/
  3. Coregames1000
    Coregames1000
    5/5,
    Imagine being able to make space stations, lol
  4. Lord Humungus
    Lord Humungus
    5/5,
    Good stuff. One request though, can you do a human station with a permanent population though please?
  5. AllSparkzXPop
    AllSparkzXPop
    5/5,
    Version: .5
    Cool mod. Just a small problem.

I have found a non breathable satelite, high tech labrynth type. When I beam down it brings me back to the ship. Anyway to fix?

Keep going on this cool mod :D
  6. Megsoiluj
    Megsoiluj
    5/5,
    Version: .5
  7. Vladik_Neko140
    Vladik_Neko140
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4
    This mod is looking like perfect! I have got an idea, can you add stations on meteorites? Or can you add other race space-stations? (Exampe: Nightar Space Station)
  8. Lehanson
    Lehanson
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4
    YAY, dungeons in the sky!
  9. bluestorm2112
    bluestorm2112
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    A good mod that has the potential to be great.
  10. Tedry
    Tedry
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    Cant wait to see m ore variations inside the station.