1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Space Knitting 1.03 [Enraged Koala]

Knitting in space, for beginners (caps, scarfs, and other accessories...)

1. tynaut
    Running out of fuel, your spaceship grinds to a halt. Fortunately, you find yourself orbiting a small planet. After beaming down, and the discovery a frozen biome, the planet is rapidly getting dark (and chilly!). Quickly, you build yourself a small log cabin in an effort to fend off the unknown horrors of the night. You'll have to wait till morning to begin the long search for a fuel source, unless a knight in shining armor comes to sweep you off your feet save the day (with his fuel). Realizing that it's going to be a long night, and that you still run the risk of getting frostbite in the morning, a novel solution crosses your mind:
    [​IMG]

Knitting is a craft that has been around for hundreds thousands of years, and it has yet to go out of style. Knitting is beautiful, practical, and a great source of warmth! Build yourself a knitting station today and be the envy of all your friends as you throw back to this outdated manual craft. Or learn how to influence others and win new friends by starting your own knitting group today!

Just a few samples of what you can make:
    [​IMG]

Features:
    - New crafting station, Knitting Needles (made at crafting table)
    - New Knitting material, Ball of Yarn (made at spinning wheel)
    - Additional dyes added for knitting variety (made at crafting table)
    *Orange, Green, Purple, Pink, Brown, Black, Grey, White​
    - Multiple patterns for knitting accessories, in a variety of colors (made at Knitting Needles)
    - Knitting Needles crafting interface added to view all knitting recipes, and sort recipes by color, name, etc...
    - Includes recipes for some vanilla items (scarf, capes)

To Install:
    - Delete any previous versions of SpaceKnit from your "/mods" folder
    - Download and unzip current version of SpaceKnit
    - Find the "/SpaceKnit" folder from the zip and copy into the folder "/Startbound/mods/"

Future Plans for this mod:
    - Considering rebalance of material costs
    - Add additional accessories
    - Considering addition of colored yarns and reworking the crafting process
    - Add more cool accessories!

This is my first mod, please provide any feedback/requests/concerns/balance issues. I thought the game needed more fun crafted accessories, and this is the start to some of the ideas I had. If you're like me, and have a different scarf for every day of the week, this mod might be for you.

Special thanks to Aquamanic4 for making a great video review of my mod!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    skikaki, Ramones_fan and KieroAshkore like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Sketch2347
    Sketch2347
    5/5,
    Version: 1.03 [Enraged Koala]
    PLEASE UPDATE!!! I LONG FOR YOUR MOD!
  2. TheBigBlueSerpent
    TheBigBlueSerpent
    5/5,
    Whoah! almost missed finding this awesome mod!

But I wish it had sweaters and sweater vests! xD
  3. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Great so far. You MUST add really ugly sweaters a-la xmas sweaters :)
    1. tynaut
      Author's Response
      YES! I did add a "tacky sweater" in my last update. I liked what I came up with, but once I submitted it my thought was "This really doesn't reach the level of awesomeness that a true ugly xmas sweater does." I will work on making the most unsightly xmas sweater I can come up with for a future release. Thanks!
  4. telles0808
    telles0808
    5/5,
    You're kidding? this mod is awesome! =]
  5. ahappydude
    ahappydude
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02 [Furious Koala]
    Lovely idea, nice alterenative to common armour sets to, cim into knitting so maybe you could do socks next ? :) and sweaters
    1. tynaut
      Author's Response
      Thank you. I do have plans for sweaters, I've just stuck to head items first, as they don't use any animation. I wanted to do mittens, but there's no hand item :( I like the idea of socks too, but if you have any more ideas please feel free to share.
  6. neoniw
    neoniw
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Works great, tried it out, made a green scarf. Should add capes.
    1. tynaut
      Author's Response
      Thanks. I've added recipes for some of the vanilla capes in the most recent update. enjoy
  7. pickandaxe
    pickandaxe
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    good mod