1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Soup's SquareSoft Sewer Re-skin 1.0.0

A tile re-skin for the sewer palette styled after old SquareSoft RPGs.

1. SuperElement
    This is a simple re-skin of the sewer palette to look like something out of a SquareSoft RPG.

I derived the retexture by modifying and recreating assets from old SquareSoft games. For an idea of what it looks like, please refer to this screenshot:

20180808164636_1.jpg

Installation:

It's a simple xnb edit, simply replace your SewerTiles.xnb file in the content folder with the one you extract from the download. Remember to backup the old file just incase, to save any hassle.

Drop the SoupsSquareSoftSewer folder from the .7z into your mods folder and start the game.

Removal:

Just remove the SewerTiles.xnb file you got from this download and restore your previous file to remove this modification.

Simply delete the SoupsSquareSoftSewer folder from your mods folder. This will completely remove any changes that
    this mod makes.

Known Issues:

The tiles I've replaced that go under Krobus have little contrast with him, and the difficulty of seeing him ingame with the extra effects is exaggerated. I'm seeing what the best recourse is.

A map edit is included in this mod in order to address 4 tiles that had corner bricks along straight lines, which is unnoticeable with bricks but blatant with anything more detailed. Therefore, any mod that changes the Sewer map will conflict.

Future Plans:

Improvement based on feedback and what I can work out myself.
    If it's popular in any way, I will probably figure out how to turn it into a plugin mod that can be added and removed easily without xnb replacement.

Additionally, if people are interested I may resprite other things.

Feedback is welcome in any form.

Changelog:

0.1 RELEASE: File uploaded.
    0.2 EDIT: Map file edit added with 0.2, files are arranged in folders accordingly.
    0.2 FIXED: A few tiles were referencing "brick tops" positions in the SewerTiles file, which conflicted with putting slightly more complex corner textures in.
    1.0.0 UPDATE: Updated for 1.3 and ported to Content Patcher.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Yoseiri and foghorn like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Yoseiri
    Yoseiri
    4/5,
    Version: 0.2
    nice