1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Smart Crew 1.3.5

When you don't like your crew moshing on the teleporter making ya'll look line a canned sardines.

1. metamorphexx
    Overview:

One of the things that irritates me is that my crews keeps sticking themselves on the teleporter all the time, which inspired me to create this mod despite of my really tight schedule. Now your crews are much more active than fiddling with your teleporter! (probably because your crew and the other bois at 2am are looking for BEANS). This mod is for you if you don't like your crews looking like canned sausages. The current state is stable but still, it is imperative that you backup your saves before you start using this mod. If you happen to find a bug, please provide a link to your starbound.log file, trust me, it'll benefit the both of us. I'll work it out on the best available weekend I got.

This is my first mod btw, go easy on me.

Installation:

Simply extract the contents at the mods folder of your Starbound Installation Directory.

New Spice:
    • Smart Crew is now running independent of the wander behavior.
    • Lots of fixes.
    • Much improved behaviors.
    • More anchor items.
    For the changes to take effect, just drive your ship on another planet since the time resets every time the ship is driven on another place.

Features:
    • Improved crew behavior which makes them not hang around teleporter while on the ship.
    • Ship Crew members will actually "work" on certain items on ship depending on their role.
    • Internal schedule system so ship crew members will not always be anchored on the item they're assigned to.
    • Chemists, Engineers, and Mechanic will sometimes fail at their "experiment" so you might see them explode and do minuscule amount of AoE damage. They also work hard so they sweat... a lot.
    • Outlaws and Soldiers will now patrol an area in your ship during certain times. You needed that security after all!
    Please note that crews will return to their default behavior if you're ship is not orbiting anything, which the mod is heavily dependent on. As far as I know, time doesn't "run" when your in the middle of space.

Anchor Items:
    apexoven, campfire, floranstove, kitchenstovetop, medievallargecookingpot, microwave, nanostove, outpostcookingtable, outpostmicrowave, rusticoven, stationtradesignfood, woodencookingtable
    apexcoolbookcase, apexcoolshelf1, apexcoolshelf2, bunkerdisplay2, bunkerpanel1, bunkerpanel2, fossilstation, microscope, outpostsmallmonitor, refinery, stationhologram, blueflask, greenflask, redflask
    apexconsolekeyboard, apexcoolcomputer, apexcoolserver, craftingfurnace, inventorstable, stationdisplay, stationtradesignelectronics, outpostsmallmonitor, wiringstation
    hylotltrashcan, poop, trashbag, trashcan
    apexconsolekeyboard, apexcoolcomputer, apexcoolserver, craftingfurnace, inventorstable, stationdisplay, stationtradesignelectronics, outpostsmallmonitor, wiringstation, apexconsolekeyboard, apexfuelhatch, apexcoolcomputer, apexcoolserver, mechcraftingtable, outpostsmallmonitor, railcraftingtable, stationdisplay, stationtradesignelectronics, tier3switch, tier4switch, wiringstation
    apexcoolbookcase, apexmedsign, apexbloodbank, apexbrainjar, apexpod, apexpod2, bunkerpanel1, bunkerpanel2, capturestation, craftingmedical, microscope, planttorturedevice, prisontorturebed1, prisontorturebed2, stationmedscanner
    apexconsolekeyboard, apextorturebed, gunchest, barrelgoldfilled, medievalmap, outpostsecurityconsole, outpostsmallmonitor, screenplanet, stationtradesignweapons, stationhologram, targetdummy, woodencrategoldfilled
    apexconsolekeyboard, gunchest, medievalmap, outpostsecurityconsole, outpostsmallmonitor, screenplanet, stationtradesignweapons, stationhologram, targetdummy
    apexcoolchair, craftingwheel, mannequin, heartforge, holidaycraftingtable, hylotlfashionhologram, hylotlpainting1, hylotlpainting2, wiringstation
    If you happen not to have these items on your ship, don't worry! they will find random objects to hang around instead!

Compatibility:

Test List as of [7 March, 2020]:
    • Vanilla ✓
    • Chef Crewman ✓
    • Datebound ✓
    • Earth's Finest ✓
    • FU ✓
    • Geek's Crew ✓
    • Hunter Crewmembers ✓
    • Nonuniform ✓

Other Compatibility Notes:
    • This mod should be compatible with other mods that doesn't conflict with the crew behavior.
    • Will expand compatibility list as long as you provide me a mod to test it against.

Future Features:
    • More behaviors and refined reactions. (Currently working on)
    • As for the long term, I'll create an in-game UI. (On lowest priority right now)

Others and Feedback:
    • I'm open to suggestions as long as modding scope allows it to.
    Links:
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Smart Crew (960 x 540).png
    2. 20190505194448_1.jpg
    3. 20190505194523_1.jpg
    4. SB - Smart Crew Mod 1.png
    5. SB - Smart Crew Mod 2.png
    Maxosik, xhoneyholicc, artguk and 4 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Anchors and More!
  2. Behaviors!
  3. ~ Bug Fix

Recent Reviews

1. PirateBands
    PirateBands
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.5
    Exactly what I needed!
  2. Anoveus
    Anoveus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.5
    nice mod they finally explore the ship that they are employed
  3. Elias Medina
    Elias Medina
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.4
    I didn't realize how much i needed this until now. Thanks!
  4. Mooncalf99
    Mooncalf99
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    It's so good to have them actually move around the ship and not cluster the teleporter. Now I just have to get them to stay away from the apiaries...
  5. Ickura
    Ickura
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Simply amazing, I now have an actual functioning crew. Many thanks/10
  6. TrueDefiant
    TrueDefiant
    5/5,
    I really adore this mod. Really makes my crew less boring and more suited to their roles in my ship. Just one question, would it be possible to add modded crew member types in the config file?
    1. metamorphexx
      Author's Response
      Yes, if you have any mods that adds custom crew you can put your presets on the config file given that you put the exact name of the crew role. If the custom crew is not placed on the config, it will run the default Smart Crew Random behavior.
  7. Zenneuer
    Zenneuer
    5/5,
    A simple mod that does it job really well, now my virtual friends can feel less virtual.
    Also mod creator, have you thought about adding a function where you can actually talk to your crewmember or have them go with you on space mission? I use another mod to recreate my friends's character as crewmembers so making them feel alive is a big upgrade.
    1. metamorphexx
      Author's Response
      How I pictured your suggestion by talking to crew member, is that the crew and the player would have an idle dialog (how NPCs interact each other)? As for the missions, you can already do that on vanilla, so I'm not really clarified on this feedback. I would appreciate if you PM me some details. Thanks!
  8. UrWrstN8Mare
    UrWrstN8Mare
    4/5,
    Good, but does it work well with the mod: followers keep up and shut up?
    1. metamorphexx
      Author's Response
      Will check on my next day-off
  9. Trek47
    Trek47
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This issue was driving me crazy, especially I'm crazy about having as many crewmembers as possible! Thanks for fixing it!
    1. metamorphexx
      Author's Response
      Thanks for appreciating it!
  10. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    great idea. Would love to add functionality like this to FU crew as well. I'd never even thought of trying it before.
    1. metamorphexx
      Author's Response
      It was actually created with FU active, but no conflicting scripts anywhere, that's why it works on vanilla. I was planning on doing pull request with FU to merge this feature since it has a git repo, but I'll wait till this mod becomes more mature. Stay tuned.