1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. Slime Traits adjustment

XelSlime
    This update's not a big one, but it does change how elements affect the race to more properly match Space Station 13 as originally intended. "breathProtection" is gone since they're not supposed to have that. Also, they now take double damage from ice, half damage from fire, and are healed by poison. Damage numbers however are not changed. Apparently that's just how things are with Starbound modding. Not flawless, but it works.

Also, you may notice for a split-second that the character...
  2. Chopan's new slime sphere + strengthened tendrils

XelSlime
    Everyone make sure to thank Chopan. He's come up with a new "Adaptable Slime Sphere" that copies the skin and hair color for the sphere and its glow, respectively. If you've already done "Slimy Substitute Selections", enable /admin mode and type:
    /enabletech colorvariableslimesphere

With the Adaptable Slime Sphere, I no longer need to make any more new colors for slimes, however I figure some non-slimes are amused by these spheres as well, so despite them possibly cluttering the console a...
    Saint Apollyon and Lindazana like this.
  3. Chopan corrected the poison slime tendrils

XelSlime
    Poison slime tendrils are now properly capable of poisoning targets, and now, the duration of their status effects is 5 seconds at level 1, 7 at level 2, and 10 at level 3.
  4. elemental tendrils and blue spheres

XelSlime
    Regular "Slime Tendrils" were changed to level 1, while upgrades and elemental variants have been added, including increasing range with said upgrades, and someone requested a "Dark Blue Slime Sphere", so that, normal, and light blue are now in as well. Use /enabletech "darkblueslimesphere"/"blueslimesphere"/"lightblueslimesphere" if you've already done the "Slimy Substitute Selections" quest.

Also fixed a mistake in the light yellow palettes.
  5. It'd be nice if you could actually craft the items, right?

XelSlime
    Fixed the equipment so it's actually able to be crafted, derp... though it's specifically a slime race thing. Other races can easily learn how to make the items though by picking them up.
  6. sprite/palette tweak + whips, swords, and spheres

XelSlime
    About time I got this done. I've edited the sprites so that depending on palette selection (110 colors total now), they'll either have the regular style I started with, or solid feet. Also, FINALLY got those elemental whips in, as well as upgrades for the slime swords, more Slime Sphere colors, and a quest for Sticky Wall Jump.

Sorry for the wait. Hehe.

Also, a note, if you're using the solid-footed variant, well... now that I've done what I should've done in the first place (though I...
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  7. new hair, alternate sprite option, new weapon stuff

XelSlime
    This update comes with 45 additional hairstyles (44 actually, plus a blank one) from the Floran race, recolored (I'll get the shine in there later), upgrades for the basic Slime Whip (elemental adjustments were crashing, I'll do that later), and a new weapon that should be available at the Replicator. Also, I've removed the handheld portion of the Slime Grappling Hook and said new weapon, so they emanate from your hand. I can't make them match your skin color though, no idea how to do that....
    DarknessLilly likes this.
  8. I forgot a recipe, shoot...

XelSlime
    One new item was missing a recipe, sorry. That shouldn't cause anyone issues, hopefully, but yeah, update when you can.
  9. NEW SHIP PET!!

XelSlime
    Thank you, Inf_Wolf14, for pointing out more directly what I am missing, and where it's supposed to go.

The slime race now has a new pet. I wonder if anyone recognizes the sprites at all.
    Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  10. swords, and minor changes

XelSlime
    I feel like I need to put something new out here already.

I've improved the Slime Sword's appearance, made a new Wavy Slime Sword (spin slash was requested), moved the Slime Grappling Hook to the basic foraging table rather than the upgraded one, and... I attempted to make a new pet slime to replace the Orbis, but trying to use it causes S.A.I.L. to skip the reboot chatter, and the pet doesn't spawn at all. I've left its files in place and substituted the Orbis with a bunny, since that...