- Gravity no longer requires you to use booster rails to go uphill
- Manually driving up most rail types using left/right will at least lose no speed.
- Not manually driving uphill will still require booster rails or the new notched rail.
- Boost & Break rails made significantly more effective, especially at lower speeds.
- Speed decays beyond the maximum speed of a rail, instead of getting hard clamped
- Buff to manual acceleration
- Added race specific descriptions for each rail + table
- Smooth rails - these have no friction, a higher max speed than boost rails but you are unable to accelerate on them manually.
- Notched rails - these have high friction, a low max speed but passively accelerate you and never lose momentum uphill, even if you are not accelerating into the hill.
Bug fixes & Script tweaks
- All rail recipes now craft in multiples of 5 instead of 3.
- Booster & breaker rails are slightly cheaper (9 durasteel per 15, vs 10 per 15)
- Diode rails are more expensive (5 rails per diode up from 3)
- Switcher rails are cheaper (3 gold per 5, vs 5 gold per 3)
- Rail equality test & sub-tile offset calculation now use world.distance to avoid resorting to back-up case on world wrap.
- Reduced rail hook test collision line by 1 unit (this should make jumping up towards rails not snap as harshly)
- Removed "mod" category from a bunch of recipes
As always, this mod comes with two paks - the skyrails pak and a "skyrails-free" pak which makes all the recipes cost about a pixel each.
Note: You may need to re-use the tier 4 tech upgrade (the one you get from the dragon) to see the two new rail types.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Skyrails Overhaul 2.1
Better mechanics, more rails.