1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Skath Race 1.0.7

Skath Race

1. Streema
    SkathImage.png
    DISCLAIMER: This mod is currently still a work in progress and thus utilizes placeholders for some things. The ship sprites are currently unfinished, and only room layouts are finished past the initial tier. When the mod is updated, you will not need to reset your ship.

============================
    THE SKATH

The Skath are an aquatic race who have their origin in the vast oceans of the ocean world Norkumsgath. After their first encounter with an alien race before developing space travel, nearly causing their extinction, the Skath chose to focus their resources on their military, creating a huge gap between general technology and their military technology. While the Skath are not aggressive, they defend their worlds at the cost of their life.

The Skath have survived harsh times with very little remaining after the aliens invaded their homeworld. Due to this, Skath rarely waste natural resources and instead focus in upgrading or enhancing what they currently have. This means you will progress by collecting ore and upgrading your weapons and armor. The Skath will play slightly differently compared to the vanilla races due to this.

CONTENT

Currently the Skath mod enables you to to create a member of the Skath race and going through their progression.
    The Skath can craft powerful melee weaponry, as well as powerful ranged weaponry, but due to their progression, they can only craft new armor and weaponry every second tier.

Blocks as well as furniture objects have been made and are available to be crafted.

The Skath can additionally access the Interstellar Skath Network, to download documents, aka Codices, to learn more about their kind.

UPCOMING CONTENT

- CUSTOM CRAFTING STATIONS: The Skath will be able to craft their own crafting stations in a similar manner to the regular progression.

- SETTLEMENTS: Underwater cities as well as surface settlements are planned.

- SHIP TIERS: Currently, placeholder backgrounds are used for the ship upgrades past the initial tier. The race will eventually feature custom backgrounds for each tier.

- VEHICLES: The Skath utilize many of vehicles: boats, tanks, and even racial mechs to be added after 1.3 is released. We plan to add these later on.

- MORE WEAPONS: There will be many more legendary Skath weapons to be found, in addition to those which are crafted. Keep an eye out for them in the future!

- CUSTOM MISSIONS: The Skath will eventually include their own unique intro mission and later quests.

=============================
    PATCH NOTES
    =============================

- added a lot of new furniture items, preparing for underwater settlements

- you are now able to call down Skath tenants by placing skath furniture in a room

- skath villager, guard and merchant tenants were added
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    Dr_Biohazard, Warlord27 and Yoseiri like this.

Recent Updates

1. Tenants!
  2. Visual Updates and Bugfixes
  3. Lore Update

Recent Reviews

1. royal_fish
    royal_fish
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.7
    Definitely an original race I can get behind.
  2. Furrik
    Furrik
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5
    Beautiful and original, that's what I call a good mod!
  3. CodeineMonty
    CodeineMonty
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.4
    The Skath's look dope wearing Star Shredder clothes. My favorite race mod by far.
  4. Yoseiri
    Yoseiri
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-05-31
    Great mod, just lovely
  5. Armok
    Armok
    4/5,
    I must say, this is probably one of those rare gems of a race mod, not only is it original but it's also quite detailed with racial equipment and the such, the only thing that irks me is the overall humanoid appearance of the race (primarily due to my opinion that races with a unique, non-humanoid appearance are more realistic)
  6. SaturnTheGasBag
    SaturnTheGasBag
    5/5,
    You released today, and so you get a 5 star review. -Kronos