1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Starting World Template 1.0a {CG)

A utility mod for servers and interested users.

1. Mackinz
    This mod is compatible with Cheerful Giraffe, aka Starbound 1.0. Please continue reading below.

This is a simple mod with relatively simple instructions, created and distributed because of the demand for "hub" worlds on Starbound servers after Chucklefish allowed new characters to begin their adventure without (likely) landing on a pre-explored world.

The mod is simple: edit a line in the included universe_server.config.patch file, save said file, and you will find that all created characters will start on the same planet. Simple.

Make sure to follow the instructions in the included text document (SingleStartingWorldReadme.txt) before complaining about how this mod does not work. It does work when properly modified, but, out of the box, it will do nothing. This is a template mod.

This mod is not required by clients connecting to any multiplayer server. However, it must be installed by the server to achieve the desired effect and Clients connecting to the server need to open the options menu and select "ALLOW ASSET MISMATCH" before connecting, to prevent issues.

If at any point in time I have been inactive on the forums for over a month. and any of my mods have become wholly or partially incompatible with recent Starbound updates and are in need of an update, interested parties are hereby given the right to update and submit new versions of my mods to the Starbound mod repository without issue, as long as they appropriately mention me and any other important contributors to said mod in their mod description, allow me to take over the mod again once I have returned if I ask, and maintain any "roles" I play for the mod (ex. Archer from BetterMerchants) in my absence.

Credit to xxswatelitexx for the idea of this statement.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    TardoShore and RatixFarrence like this.

Recent Updates

1. Cheerful Giraffe Update

Recent Reviews

1. Nssquirrel
    Nssquirrel
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0a {CG)
    Still works in 2023!
  2. sniperaust
    sniperaust
    5/5,
    Still works as of 7/5/2018!
  3. ReNNoN
    ReNNoN
    5/5,
    WORKS PERFECTLY 1.2!
  4. BlueLeafeon
    BlueLeafeon
    5/5,
    To quote a certain store's favorite catchphrase, "That was easy." I've been missing this feature since it was removed. Now I can finally have one base for every file! (WITHOUT having to insert coordinates...)
  5. +DS_DV+
    +DS_DV+
    5/5,
    Version: 1.00
    Works like a charm easy to use and makes what its supposed to.

BUT at least im to stupid to get it work on a dedicated linux server :(
  6. bagelbyheart
    bagelbyheart
    5/5,
    This is a fantastic mod. It was so frustrating not to be able to set a default starting world =)
  7. TardoShore
    TardoShore
    5/5,
    works fine and is very easy to set up! Thanks a lot for this helpful mod!
  8. dangermind
    dangermind
    5/5,
    This solved my problem, and perfect instructions!