1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverforte's Hunger Rate 1.2

Tired of hunger depleting so fast? This is for you.

1. Silverforte
    (updated 7?28/2016: fixed buff and bar not syncing)

This mod will make the well-fed buff last longer so that your hunger takes longer to affect you.

I've always wanted to enjoy games with a hunger system but every one I've ever played that had one didn't have it balanced well. The hunger meters *always* go down too fast and prove to be a hindrance rather than a welcome addition to the game.

The hunger in Starbound is no different. You can't stack food, you have to eat 3-5 items to get full and if you ignore it, BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEP. So, I made a little mod for that.

This mod pack comes with 3 options:

30 minute version
    15 minute version
    5 minute version

Whatever version you choose is how long it will take for your well-fed buff to go away, which is when you'll start getting hungry again. I removed the particle effects from all 3 versions so that you're not watching red plus signs and red embers float around you for half an hour. I've enjoyed this tweak, hopefully someone else will.

To install:

Pick only one option (30, 15 or 5 minute version) and put that folder into

Starbound\mods

For me (and a lot of other people on Windows) this is -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

If done correctly, you should have Starbound\mods\silvershunger30m
    or whatever version you placed there.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Images

1. silverhungericon.png

Recent Updates

1. fixed bar and buff not syncing

Recent Reviews

1. icegriffon
    icegriffon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Totally should be a vanilla option, instead of ultimate "You either starve real fast, or never" choice.
  2. Calanon7
    Calanon7
    5/5,
    Thanks a ton for this mod.
  3. Sketch2347
    Sketch2347
    5/5,
    Works great now dude, need that half hour to actually enjoy the game. So thanks for that.
  4. angrboda_giantess
    angrboda_giantess
    5/5,
    I like the hunger element in the game, but I agree that it was more annoying than anything. Thanks so much for this!
  5. Drogean
    Drogean
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN VANILLA. I was ready to quit this game before this mod came along . This mod lets you not spend half the game trying to manage your friggen hunger.

thank you, mod maker
    1. Silverforte
      Author's Response
      You're most welcome.
  6. ariennex
    ariennex
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Nice, I like it. I was pretty annoyed by how fast hunger moves, especially on a fresh character, but removing it or or stacking food to infinity isn't what I had in mind either... this is a good solution imho.