1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Sikh Turban (Dastar) for player 2018-05-07

This mod replaces the Cowgirl hat with a brown Dastar turban.

1. Unmutual
    Kangha dono vaqt kar, paag chune kar bandhai...

Comb your hair twice a day and tie your turban carefully, turn by turn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PREFACE TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE

The assets used in this mod were created by a user named @notsnufffie who is no longer a member of the Stardew Valley modding community... notsnufffie deserves all the credit for this mod, as it's using the sprites they originally created for Sikh Harvey.

This user was responsible for the popular "Diverse - Stardew Valley" mod which is still being worked on by fans. Information can be found here...

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/diverse-stardewvalley-hiatus-im-dead.109748/

https://community.playstarbound.com...al-continuation-marnie-added-06-05-18.125163/

Without notsnufffie's hard work, this mod would not be possible. Hopefully we see them return to the Stardew Valley modding scene someday, thank you again!

INSTALL AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

This mod replaces the pink Cowgirl hat with Harvey's brown Dastar, available for purchase from the Hat Rat for only 1000g. The Cowgirl item description and name have also been updated for added flavour.

To install, simply navigate to
    \steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Farmer (turban sprites)
    and
    \steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Data (flavour text)
    then replace the two hats.xnb files.

Also provided are the loose sprites if anyone would like to recolour the turban or rework it for use with different mods/replace different items. I'm sure there's an easier way of making cosmetic mods, but this is my first for Stardew Valley :p
    Once "Get Dressed" is updated, I may attempt making the mod compatible with that to avoid replacing any items.

If you do make your own version of this mod, or replace an item other than the Cowgirl hat, I seriously recommend updating the Content\Data\hats.xnb strings to reflect whatever it is you've changed.

As always, make back-ups of your files before installing this.

A very special thank you to Dalia for helping me test all of this and to Tyler for initially sending me the Sikh Harvey files over a year ago.

Of course, an additional thank you to notsnufffie is needed as none of this would be possible without their Diversity Mod.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.