1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Sergal Race 2.3b

Adds Sergals into your game.

1. Ruvicken
    Ruvicken
    3/5,
    Version: 2.3b
    This thing needs updated badly as the things on the wiki have changed, the mod will not work with FU when you have another mod to fix it, the fur patterns needs spruced up a little, and of course, you need custom stuff for the 1.3 Starbound Update, as well as some codex's for the sergal race itself
  2. HeirUberSergal
    HeirUberSergal
    4/5,
    I'm giving this mod four stars where I might normally give it five for a very particular reason.

First off, I love sergals to death, and this mod does an excellent job of bringing them to life in the Starbound universe. There is so much to love with this mod, Sergals have their own tech tree, their own furniture, their own narration and NPC interactions. There's so much attention to detail here and I cannot praise this mod enough for everything it does right as far as integrating Sergals into STarbound goes.

However, I feel obligated to offer a legitimate criticism on the one thing this mod does very, very wrong, especially considering the game they're being put into. That, is their starships. Starting at the first tier of ship, everything seems fine, a little unusual but otherwise perfectly acceptable for a beginner starship. The second tier is a little offputting, but is still otherwise acceptable considering how much work was put into every other aspect of the race mod.

...then we get to the third ship and things go from otherwise fine and dandy to unacceptably lazy, especially consdiering the amount of work that went into every other aspect of this mod. The third starship variant (tier 5) is literally a vector version of the Mass Effect 3 Phaeston rifle with rooms slapped onto it. WHY? WHY would you cut corners with the space ship? The one thing you do not want to cut corners on in a space exploration game! To make matters worse, in addition to the next two starships being vector versions of other sci-fi weapons (couldn't identify them, but the fact that one of them had a magazine port with a magazine in it and a pistol grip was pretty obvious) the fourth and fifth ships (tier 6-7) were the same exact ships but with different vector art for the exterior.
    In a mod that does so much right, and painstakingly crafts items and furniture and NPC dialogue and observational dialogue for this race, it's extremely disappointing for the starship designs to be handled so lazily.

I give this mod four stars, because I can look past the lazy design choice for the starships due to how fleshed out everything else in the mod is. When all is said and done, lazy starship design doesn't prevent me from enjoying running around as a sergal and exploring the unknown, even if my starship is a giant vectorized mass effect rifle.
  3. notanaccount2
    notanaccount2
    5/5,
    Love me some fluffy sergals
  4. IdkYoulol1
    IdkYoulol1
    5/5,
    sergals
  5. Blackflagnarwhal
    Blackflagnarwhal
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8b
    Love it, really takes some of the lore of the race and makes it pixelatedly realish.
  6. SiFiGeek36
    SiFiGeek36
    4/5,
    Hey I love this mod and very addicted to the lore of the sergals. I noticed that a lot of Nevrean are located in the villages. Are you planning on making these guys a playable race. That would make this mod even better
  7. KOMBINE
    KOMBINE
    5/5,
    норм
  8. meepcrux
    meepcrux
    5/5,
    all the Merp Snoops
  9. Kyza
    Kyza
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7c
    Wonderful mod. Gotta love them sergals! I also seem to have a strange issue with missions not having icons in SAIL, and the SAIL not having a face while on missions and getting updates. Missions seem to be unable to be completed correctly. Maybe it's just me. Anyways, good stuff, keep it up!
  10. Alichart
    Alichart
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7c
    i really like this mode it is my favorite one ! keep up the good work
  11. lord ender
    lord ender
    4/5,
    Version: 1.7b
    Pretty Good I think you Need to add some more character customisations Over all Great mod.
  12. Greyhawk3
    Greyhawk3
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7a
    Love the mod. However when I installed the mod there was a second square marked ? that ctd the game the moment I clicked on it. Checked the log and it said fatal error no Nevreans race found. The game seems to think that your pet file is another race. :)
    Thanks again for your hard work, it is great beyond this tiny problem.
    1. omegadrace
      Author's Response
      Did you remove the old mod before installing the new? I don't seem to have this issue.
  13. gblai
    gblai
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6h
    awesome mod but when I tried to make the ceramic bars it just gave me some block version of it called vilous ceramic is this a glitch or am I missing somthing
    1. omegadrace
      Author's Response
      Yo need 10 blocks of ceramic to make a bar. :)
  14. CPRhunter
    CPRhunter
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6h
    so good stay at it :)
  15. domcing
    domcing
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6g
    I love that you p much attentiveness into making this; I consider this one of the premier race mods out there. Well done- you managed to create a masterpiece, even with a dying computer!
  16. Serpentus
    Serpentus
    5/5,
    Played and rated it a year ago, and now again with winter update.
    It just got better, still love the attention to detail this mod has, and the new ships and armors are amazing.
    I actually waited until the sergal mod was updated before I started playing this year, and it was worth it :D
  17. shaun4519
    shaun4519
    4/5,
    I like this mod but have had a large glitch
    I got to the penguin mech quest and I made violium armor but I couldn't get the mission...
    1. omegadrace
      Author's Response
      Have you updated to the latest version? I fixed the Violium armours in those. :)
  18. Keppabar
    Keppabar
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6d
    One of the most fleshed out race mods here so far. Full armour and weapons sets, and a full set of tiered ships with custom S.A.I.L. . Custom examine text for many items really adds to the flavor as well.
    Few minor bugs still here and there, but good response to reports of issues encountered.
  19. corrupt20x6
    corrupt20x6
    4/5,
    Version: 1.6d
    Don't get me wrong, I think the mod is a good one. Awesome to have more species available. I'll go into my points of contention in discussion. For now, good mod. Very good mod.
  20. steveduck2345
    steveduck2345
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    This mod is one of the best racial mods you can find. It deserves far more praise, and sergals need to be in more games.