1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Screams 1.0

Restores *some* of the creature sfx from Koala - 'cause real creatures don't say "BWOOP"

1. LoPhatKao
    Screams v1.0 (should work with any Giraffe version until old assets are removed by CF)
    will not work with glad giraffe - don't even try

After re-watching some old videos of the Koala branch, I got nostalgic for the old monster sfx.
    Due to the way CF has changed monster parts, there are only a few restored sfx.
    Hopefully in the future, we can have our old mobs back, but for now this will have to do.

In Koala, each different head controlled what sfx that creature used. However, in Giraffe, the sfx are shared across all the creatures of that size & type (ie: small biped, large quadruped etc.).
    I changed the "monster_surprise" sound (the sound played when mobs aggro you) to whatever I thought sounded best for that size+type combo - or that scared various youtubers :D .
    Tested on several planets of each tier.
    Since there seems to be only a few of the same size+types per planet now, this mod works pretty well.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Dragon_Tom005
    Dragon_Tom005
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    An alien turned at me and made a "farting" noise. 10/10
  2. Retr0
    Retr0
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Hype for more loud screeching sounds!
  3. MrChow