1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated SALYUT Soviet Space Module - (USSR Ship Mod) v4.1 ENRAGED KOALA

Soviet Orbital Space Station (Salyut / Almaz) Ship Mod

1. abarilov
    SALYUT / ALMAZ Soviet Orbital Space Station!
    Орбитальная Станция САЛЮТ / АЛМАЗ

My second mod is here! This mod replaces your vanilla ship with the 1976 Soviet space dock, Salyut, retro-fitted for hyperspace travel. Salyut was the first and arguably the last Soviet centralized space dock module, home to many a cosmonaut who was sent for long-duration space flight research, including the first black/ Latin-American cosmonaut. It was also used for espionage research under the secret ALMAZ designation, but military usage was quickly abandoned because lets face it, ain't no one got time for espionage in space. It's a tad cramped but very cozy none-the-less, not unlike your state-issued apartment back home.
    Salyut-5 / Almaz-1:
    shipship.png Xshipship.png
    Variations:

Salyut-7 + Kvant-1 Science Module
    shipship.png

NEW Salyut-3 + Soyuz Spaceship
    shipship.png

NEW Salyut-7 + Kvant-1 + Soyuz
    shipship.png

NEW Soyuz (Click Here to Download):
    soyuz5.png

Stations & Panelling:

lights.png
    diagonal.png
    Untitled-1.png

To switch races, just rename the mods/Soyuz/ships/human folder to your own race i.e. mods/Soyuz/ships/hylotl

INSTALLATION: Unzip "Salyut" folder into your mod directory. Start a new character. If you want to keep your old character, store all your current on-board goodies planetside, including everything in the locker, exit, then delete the .shipworld file in your "players" folder. Unless you have a mac, in which case DON'T or it will f*** your s*** up. If you want a detailed explanation of how I got past that issue on my mac pm me. Can't wait to hear your feedback!

NEW! TO SWITCH BETWEEN MODELS: Just drop whichever particular ship mod you want into your mods folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods) and voila!

NOTE: The booster animations for FTL aren't currently working due to the furious koala patch, but a work-around should be coming soon

NEW! ADDITIONAL: This ship mod complements my previously released cosmonaut suit and flag items, which can be downloaded below,. However, I've left an orange suit, a flag, and a little something else for you in the ship's locker!

icon2.png

COSMONAUT SUIT AND SOVIET FLAG

http://community.playstarbound.com/...-sprite-mod-soviet-cosmonaut-armor-flag.1272/

soyuz5s.png
    SOYUZ SOVIET SPACECRAFT

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/soyuz-7k-soviet-spacecraft-ship-mod.1573/

Made with much love! Please share, rate and comment!

Happy travels, tovarishi!

048.jpg

--------------------------------------
    Big thank you to Kel^ for his wonderul Starstructor utility!
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starstructor-the-starbound-toolset.152/

and to -Soler for the invisible lights included in this mod.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/invisible-lights.1090/

ALSO CHECK OUT:

Doctor Block's amazing decrepit re-texture of this mod! Great for those who are looking for a slightly used fixer-upper. It may have high mileage but it runs like new. You'll need to install this mod first though for it to work. Link below:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...pace-station-salyut-almaz-retexture-mod.1421/
    rust.png

Future Expansion?
    TKS

Mir_interior_L.jpg
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Untitled-1.png
    2. lightsSM.png
    3. Untitled-1.png
    4. diagonal2.png
    5. bothdiagonals2.png
    Zellari, lordDamien, A_zver and 6 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Enraged Koala Update
  2. THE SOYUZ HAS DOCKED
  3. Final Touchups Fix

Recent Reviews

1. Mitranit
    Mitranit
    5/5,
    Version: v4.1 ENRAGED KOALA
    Please update this
    Пожалуйста, обнови этот мод
  2. Sir Buttsly
    Sir Buttsly
    5/5,
    Better than starter ships
  3. Mr Mishmish
    Mr Mishmish
    5/5,
    Очень хорошую работу
  4. Biobidda
    Biobidda
    5/5,
    Шикарный мод
  5. Momentousmario
    Momentousmario
    5/5,
    Everytime i try it says access violation.
  6. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    Works well with my halfwarp character,like he found it flying around abandoned earth :D
  7. CheMax
    CheMax
    5/5,
    Идеально! Благодаря этому кораблю ко мне вернулся интерес играть! Спасибо!
  8. Vondel
    Vondel
    5/5,
    I play Apex and i love this mod.

Good job!
  9. PelicanCity
    PelicanCity
    5/5,
    I absolutely adore this mod. With this and your cosmonaut mod, it gives the game an interesting narrative of a lost cosmonaut from the golden age of space exploration suddenly finding himself alone and in a time where Earth no longer exists.

That being said, is there any way to have the ship mod affect only one of the player files? As I have another game for multiplayer and I'd prefer to keep it vanilla in case of an update.
    1. abarilov
      Author's Response
      yes! If you drag the folder out of mods before every time you play your vanilla character, your ship will revert to vanilla. Then, if you want to play your cosmonaut, just drag the folder back into mods and nothing should be lost.
  10. Triant
    Triant
    5/5,
    I love this mod :D it's a awesome ship and nice looking! I changed the lights to wide fluorescent lamp to make it a bit darker!