1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. Phantomgo
    Phantomgo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.03-2
    ninja class is too op but great mod overall
  2. Kupan
    Kupan
    4/5,
    Love the idea of more RPG elements in Starbound. I started a new character to try it out for a couple of hours and haven't had any issues with it so far.
    There is a quality of life thing I would like to see. Some sort of confirm on the class choice. I would like to see what abilities the classes have and see the class menu for a bit before I am locked into the choice. Not a huge issue but something that would be nice to see.

I am really looking forward to seeing where you take this in the future.
    1. ThornyFlora
      Author's Response
      I added the link to the google doc in the description. It tells you basically everything you need to know. You can also reset using the button in the Overview. Thanks for the review!
  3. gameboytj
    gameboytj
    4/5,
    I like this mod so far, but there are a few changes i would like to see.

I think the level cap should be at least 100 instead of 50.
    A little bit of additional detail to each attribute like what investing gives you like 1 point of dexterity = +#% bleed chance and +# bleed duration, etc.
    I'd also like to have attributes cap higher than 50.
    1. ThornyFlora
      Author's Response
      Level cap may be increased to 100 in the future. I added a link to the google doc so that you can see the percentages of certain stat increases. Stats are balanced around their cap, so increasing it to 100 would just end up being artificial length.

Thanks for the review!
  4. Warlord27
    Warlord27
    4/5,
    Version: 1.02-2
    Need to be Balance
    The Problem for the soldier is the last skill called missile airstrike need to be guided missile to target the monster for good than targeting right side.

The Problem for the knight is slam skill didn't worked for me or just i didn't followed the instruction correctly.

The Problem for the Wizard don't have any Damage Magic skill for the Monster or enemies its just like sorcerer class.

The Ninja is Great but OP maybe?

The Rogue no problem found

Last not the least Explorer Class No Problem Found Either

Great Mod By the way i Hope you keep that your Excellent Work and I'm Impressed that you make this possible RPG Classes.
    1. ThornyFlora
      Author's Response
      Hey, thanks!

Guided Missile would be cool, but the amount of damage it does is huge, so I thought it would be better if you had to aim.

For the Knight, or anything that requires the [G] key, go to your options menu and configure your controls. You will be able to set [G] as any key.

Wizard doesn't have any attack techs, sure, but they get great Intelligence scaling, so their Staff damage gets really high.
      I will eventually make more classes, like Necromancer and Warlock, and they would probably have attack techs.

Ninja is OP :p I will fix this soon.

Thanks for taking the time to review: means a lot!
  5. sayter
    sayter
    4/5,
    Version: 1.01
    a great start. Definitely needs balance adjustments (there is zero reason whatsoever to not take a ninja, ever), and I feel Dexterity is not at all well suited to how it should operate. But, a great start and can only improve from here
    1. ThornyFlora
      Author's Response
      hey, thanks a lot for the review! can you explain how you feel about Dexterity in more detail, and why Ninja is too strong?