1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. ThornyFlora
    Class Tab - Wizard.png
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1115920474

I recommend subscribing to the mod via Steam, as then updates should be automatically applied, which saves you the hassle of re-downloading! :)

Welcome to a brand new way to play Starbound!

This mod adds the ability to raise stats to make your character stronger. Simply go out there and fight monsters, and once some XP drops, you'll learn how to craft the Mysterious Book, which enables you to do a whole bunch of cool things.

With each level you gain through collecting XP, you'll be able to allocate stat points and unlock new techs. In order to start adding stats, pick from 6 classes: Knight, Wizard, Ninja, Soldier, Rogue, and Explorer. Each one has their own style of play and special abilities and techs.

Currently, you can:
    • Check your level and needed XP in the Overview Tab (O).
    • Check your stats and raise them if possible in the Stats Tab (S).
    • Choose and then check your current class, as well as unlock techs when possible, in the Class Tab (C).
      • Begin a Class-specific Weapon Quest at level 15 that culminates in an amazing Class Weapon.
    • Choose an Affinity at level 25 in the Affinity Tab (A).
      • Upgrade that Affinity by using Upgrade Scrolls.
    • Check the actual effects of your raised stats by going to the Info Tab (I).
    • Master your Class by Prestiging, and purchasing a Shop to make end-game items via the Mastery Tab (M).
    • Use Upgrade Chips like any consumable, and unequip them from your Upgrade Tab (U).
    • Unlock and choose Specializations that drastically change how your character functions.
    Note: the letters in the parentheses are not ones to press on your keyboard, but rather just the letter on the corresponding tab in the Mysterious Book.
    Mastery Tab.png
    If you would like to see more information about classes, stats, experience, leveling, techs, compatibility, effects, or crafting, please visit this google docs page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...24PZYnYy0-5a12O3Us/edit#heading=h.9nuo1fqx1j4

Warning:
    As of patch 1.35, you should be able to stop using this mod without any ill effects to your characters. However, this mod adds many ephemeral effects to your characters, and as such, if I forgot to remove one on uninit, your character may not be selectable after removing the mod, and you may need to reinstall it to fix this. Because of this, I recommend you backup your current storage, or start a new character. As I update this mod, stat distribution may change slightly, so your character may become under or overpowered.

If you have unsubbed and your character is not selectable, do the following:
    • Resub.
    • Go on the afflicted character and use the Mysterious Book to reset your Character. If you have selected a Specialization, you can opt to try and just deselect it instead.
    • Quit after doing either and unsub. Hopefully your character can actually be selected now. If not, let me know, and I can help you solve the issue. :)

Here are some things you can do to test the stats, or to forcibly raise your level:
    • You can spawn in the different stats. They are simply called 'stat'point, where 'stat' is replaced with the stat name.
    • For example, if I wanted to increase Dexterity, I could type "spawnitem dexteritypoint (amount)".
    • In addition, you can spawn XP by typing "spawnitem experienceorb (amount)".
    • If you would like to spawn in the Mysterious Book, type "spawnitem RPGskillbook"

If your Mysterious Book fails to open for some reason, type "spawnitem skillbookopen". This is a dev hack that prevents crashes from rendering the book impossible to open. As long as the game doesn't crash, you shouldn't have this problem. :p

To Do:
    • Balance the stats, classes, and techs depending on feedback.
    • Add more Upgrades and Specializations, and add Professions.

Please enjoy, and tell me if you have any suggestions or concerns about leveling! Also, if you get any crashes or errors while playing, please tell me so that I can fix them! Thank you!

Affinity Tab - Cryo.png
    Mod Icon.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. New Class Tab.jpg
    McNaire21, issmike, Cryptoid and 18 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Patch 1.92
  2. Update 1.9, and Patch 1.91
  3. Minor Patch 1.81

Recent Reviews

1. dagag
    dagag
    5/5,
    Version: 1.92
    good mod
  2. Chavitox
    Chavitox
    5/5,
    Excellent mod, waiting for more updates
  3. JosephDragoUwUOFC
    JosephDragoUwUOFC
    5/5,
    aba
  4. faennia
    faennia
    5/5,
    Pretty nice mod!
  5. ViralRage
    ViralRage
    5/5,
    Very fun
  6. kreeper900
    kreeper900
    5/5,
    Absolutely L O V E this mod! I have been running it for about 2 years and look forward to each and every update!
  7. raanana
    raanana
    5/5,
    Version: 1.91
    Super mod!!!
  8. Lumpy109
    Lumpy109
    5/5,
    Version: 1.91
    5/5 mod, have been using it for a long time now, and I'm amazed this much work has been put into this one, keep up the good work! :D

Cannot wait to see further updates. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  9. RickyZen
    RickyZen
    5/5,
    Version: 1.81
    RPG Growth + FU + Avali mods and its patch = LEGITNESS

i also used Extended levels mod and its 64bit patch and this mod has given me a new meaning of "endless level"
  10. kusmep
    kusmep
    5/5,
    Version: 1.81
    honestly this is my favorite rpg mod