Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1115920474
I recommend subscribing to the mod via Steam, as then updates should be automatically applied, which saves you the hassle of re-downloading!
Welcome to a brand new way to play Starbound!
This mod adds the ability to raise stats to make your character stronger. Simply go out there and fight monsters, and once some XP drops, you'll learn how to craft the Mysterious Book, which enables you to do a whole bunch of cool things.
With each level you gain through collecting XP, you'll be able to allocate stat points and unlock new techs. In order to start adding stats, pick from 6 classes: Knight, Wizard, Ninja, Soldier, Rogue, and Explorer. Each one has their own style of play and special abilities and techs.
Currently, you can:
Note: the letters in the parentheses are not ones to press on your keyboard, but rather just the letter on the corresponding tab in the Mysterious Book.
- Check your level and needed XP in the Overview Tab (O).
- Check your stats and raise them if possible in the Stats Tab (S).
- Choose and then check your current class, as well as unlock techs when possible, in the Class Tab (C).
- Begin a Class-specific Weapon Quest at level 15 that culminates in an amazing Class Weapon.
- Choose an Affinity at level 25 in the Affinity Tab (A).
- Upgrade that Affinity by using Upgrade Scrolls.
- Check the actual effects of your raised stats by going to the Info Tab (I).
- Master your Class by Prestiging, and purchasing a Shop to make end-game items via the Mastery Tab (M).
- Use Upgrade Chips like any consumable, and unequip them from your Upgrade Tab (U).
- Unlock and choose Specializations that drastically change how your character functions.
If you would like to see more information about classes, stats, experience, leveling, techs, compatibility, effects, or crafting, please visit this google docs page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...24PZYnYy0-5a12O3Us/edit#heading=h.9nuo1fqx1j4
As of patch 1.35, you should be able to stop using this mod without any ill effects to your characters. However, this mod adds many ephemeral effects to your characters, and as such, if I forgot to remove one on uninit, your character may not be selectable after removing the mod, and you may need to reinstall it to fix this. Because of this, I recommend you backup your current storage, or start a new character. As I update this mod, stat distribution may change slightly, so your character may become under or overpowered.
If you have unsubbed and your character is not selectable, do the following:
- Go on the afflicted character and use the Mysterious Book to reset your Character. If you have selected a Specialization, you can opt to try and just deselect it instead.
- Quit after doing either and unsub. Hopefully your character can actually be selected now. If not, let me know, and I can help you solve the issue.
Here are some things you can do to test the stats, or to forcibly raise your level:
- You can spawn in the different stats. They are simply called 'stat'point, where 'stat' is replaced with the stat name.
- For example, if I wanted to increase Dexterity, I could type "spawnitem dexteritypoint (amount)".
- In addition, you can spawn XP by typing "spawnitem experienceorb (amount)".
- If you would like to spawn in the Mysterious Book, type "spawnitem RPGskillbook"
If your Mysterious Book fails to open for some reason, type "spawnitem skillbookopen". This is a dev hack that prevents crashes from rendering the book impossible to open. As long as the game doesn't crash, you shouldn't have this problem.
- Balance the stats, classes, and techs depending on feedback.
- Add more Upgrades and Specializations, and add Professions.
Please enjoy, and tell me if you have any suggestions or concerns about leveling! Also, if you get any crashes or errors while playing, please tell me so that I can fix them! Thank you!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
RPG Growth 1.92
Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound