1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Rocket Science 1.3

Rocket Boosters! Because strapping a rocket to your back is FUN!

1. donpapillon
    Rocket Boost 1.3

Bubbles and butterflies are fine and dandy. But there comes a day when you want something more, something fast, something life threatening dangerous! And to quench your thirst for danger, my friend, I offer you the Rocket Boost!

Danger has never been this fun! With your very own Rocket Boost you'll soar through the clear skies leaving a trail of fiery hell in your wake.

First model
    rocket-boost.jpg

Rocket Boost Mk2
    rocket-boostmk2.jpg

They now produce light!
    rocket-boostmk2-light.jpg

Controls

Since version 1.3, the rockets now have two speeds, top speed and maneuver speed. You can toggle between them by pressing the F key.

The top speed consumes a fair amount of energy, while the maneuver speed consumes exactly half as much.

The only rocket that, so far, doesn't feature this is the Mk1, but I can add it if anyone requests it.

How to install and use

Just extract the folder "Rocket Boost 1.2.zip" and place it in the mods directory "Starbound/mods", simple as that.

The mod is compatible with tabula rasa.
    The recipe should be available in the robotic crafting table. It costs only 1 pixel in this first version, for testing purposes, but in a later update I'll put proper materials and tier.
    If it doesn't show up for you, please tell.

Plans for the future.

Phase One
    • Different recipes for survivalists and testers.
    • Rockets backpacks that show up on your back when you use the tech.
    • Tiered rocket boosters, more dangerous each tier!
    • Tiered animations displaying the power of each rocket boost!
    • Directional animation so that the origin flame points to every direction properly.
    • Completely new items to craft your rockets!
    • Different sounds for each tier of rocket power. So you can hear the danger.
    • More danger.
    Phase two
    • Rocket based items!
    • Rocket powered weapons
    • Rocket powered armor
    • Rocket powered tools
    • Rocket powered furniture
    • Rocket powered food
    • More danger.

Incinerating Bugs.

This is my first complex mod, and god knows how much it beat me to a pulp until I finally got it working. If you experience any bug or crash or anything really, please report back, preferably with a pastebin link to your starbound.log file, so that I can examine the problem and try to fix it. It will help me a lot. Thank you.

Recent Reviews

1. starboundish
    starboundish
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Although I crash to my death sometime this greatly increased the fun I have while playing Starbound. I'm extremely exploration-hungry and this saves time while making exploring more fun.
    Thank you for this mod!
  2. Momentousmario
    Momentousmario
    5/5,
    I always wanted to see the Booster from cave story in starbound
  3. CommanderWasp1x
    CommanderWasp1x
    4/5,
    Good idea, but it moves fast than the Level Render and when it rains is lags and crashes my game.
  4. argetlam
    argetlam
    5/5,
    Pleeeeeeese, do rocket with rainbow for Rainbow Dash from Ponex Race Mod \(^_^)/
  5. Kuroda_K
    Kuroda_K
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Just pure genius
  6. idon'tknow
    idon'tknow
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    OHMYGOD!!!! this is so much fun .... exploring is so much faster LOL

this mod is amazing :D
  7. Ichthus95
    Ichthus95
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-01
    This is awesome! Really well done.

Just a few tiny things I thought I'd mention:

The description for the blueprint at the robotic crafting table is off-centered, making the right side not visible.

The description of the actual tech contains a small typo, "where" when it should be "we're".

Absolutely everything else is great! Thanks!

<>{
    1. donpapillon
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the help! I'll try to fix that asap.
  8. oranite
    oranite
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-01
    Tried it out, very fun simple mod and works with Tabula Rasa as stated