1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of the Hylotl: Revived 1.1

seancruz's mod brought back to working order

1. Zaakari
    village.png
    Revival project number two.​

Preamble:
    I remember seeing seancruz's Rise of the Hylotl mod a year or two ago. It looked very cool back then (and still does now), so I was somewhat disheartened when I found out it was out of date. However, I had some experience modding, so I decided I would downloaded it, and see if I could get it working again. As it turned out, though, there were more than just a few errors; and I gave up before too long.

Fast forward to more recently.
    I got back in to modding within the past several months. And have since learned a lot more than I used to know.
    After I finished the Starbound Mass Effect Edition: Revived mod, I remembered this one, and thought it would be cool to bring it "back to life", so to speak (it seemed too much of a waste to let it sit in the outdated section).
    And here it is.

Contained within this mod:
    • 4 new dungeons (villages/houses that you can encounter on planets).
    • 5 new armour sets.
    • 7 new weapons.
    • A bunch of Hylotl-themed tiles and objects; and a few new items.
    You can see a pretty good overview of how the mod works on seancruz's mod page. But, basically, there are a few new armour sets and weapons that you can craft along the way to the third tier inventor's table. Once you get that, then you can make the Galactic Market Network, which lets you craft (and gain access to) all the other fun stuff.

You'll also notice that monsters sometimes drop poop, and fish drop extra items. These materials are needed for crafting some of the new items.

Please note: you will need to be using a Hylotl character in order to craft these new items.

Changes from the original mod:
    The new armour was using an outdated stat (and didn't have any power increase). And most of the weapons were far too strong (maybe they functioned differently in previous Starbound versions...). So I changed them to be more in line with the vanilla equipment.
    But don't worry, they are still strong:nuruhappy:

Installation:
    Simply unpack the contents of the 7zip folder into Starbound's "/mods" directory.

Compatibility:
    Should be compatible with most mods.
    Is compatible with Starbound Mass Effect Edition: Revived

Note to modders:
    The ".pak" file contains a changelog that I worked on as I made the mod. It's a lot neater, more detailed (and more comprehensive) than the one I made for the Mass Effect edition mod. So it may (or may not) interest you to take a look at it. It mostly lists all the errors I ran into, and how I fixed them.

To seancruz:
    Thank you so much for your original mod.
    I hope I am not overstepping my bounds by posting this update.
    If you ever see this, and decide you would like to pick this mod up again, just let me know, and you can use whatever version I've released as your own (and I can delete this page if you like... I think).

Mod permissions:
    I chose to update this mod because it hasn't been updated in over five years, and its author hasn't logged in, in over a year.
    Since it isn't mine (and even for the new content that I do add/change) I don't really care how it gets used. However, if you plan on modifying it or putting it in a mod pack or whatever, be mindful seancruz; and--at least--make sure you give him credit for his work.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. cellular_armour.png
    2. objects.png
    3. goldenseascion.png
    4. herbbandage.png
    5. herbsoup.png
    6. herbtea.png

Recent Updates

1. Frackin Universe Compatibility

Recent Reviews

1. Ickura
    Ickura
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I was wondering if someone was going to remaster this mod. I'm glad I was right! Also is there a chance this is going to appear on the steam workshop as well?
    1. Zaakari
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you're glad :)
      I don't own Starbound on Steam, so I don't think I'll ever post a mod there. But if you or someone else wants to, then I don't mind.
  2. Saint Apollyon
    Saint Apollyon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I can't tell you how long I've wanted to see this mod up and at it again. As someone who's been playing since Giraffe/Koala days, I really appreciate your work with reviving old mods!
    1. Zaakari
      Author's Response
      Thank you.
      I'm glad there are still people around to enjoy them :)