1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Repeatable Quests (with one example) 1.0

This is a modded tutorial quest to make it repeatable.

1. Punisherbr
    Simple mod to show that is possible to create repeatable quests.

INSTALL:

BACK UP your file
    Download the file or get the code and overwrite ( PATH: %\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\quests\tutorial )
    CODE:
    Code:
    {
      "id" : "tutorial2.gearup",
      "title" : "^#9be3d6;Wood for loot!",
      "text" : "*Repeatable quest example!* You know, I'm a carpenter and I would love to help you by crafting some beginner stuff! Use the Matter Manipulator to cut down some trees and ^green;Get 30 Unrefined Wood for me! ^orange;I'll give you some stuff after that. ^green;Use your ship's teleportation platform to beam down!",
      "completionText" : "Well done! If you ever need more stuff from me, just get more wood!",
      "conditions" : [
        { "kind" : "gather", "item" : [ "fullwood1", 30] }
      ],
      "moneyRange" : [50, 50],
      "rewards" : [
        [
          ["woodencraftingtable1", 1],
          ["torch", 10]
        ]

],
      "planetMode" : "none",
      "questDungeons" : [ ],
      "followUp" : "tutorial2.gearup"
    }

If you want to see it in game:

-Create a character and finish the first tutorial quest (get Matter Manipulator)
    -Get the repeatable quest.

Mainly if you want to create yours, follow these simple steps:

1- Come up with an idea that make the player actually need to do more stuff before it can complete the quest again (exemple: don't make the quest condition to get a workbench and give a workbench as the quest reward , this will make the quest enter on a loop)

2- Change the follow up quest to match the same name as the quest given
    In this case, tutorial2.gearup quest gets started > finished> started again.

Recent Reviews

1. Finnosasurus
    Finnosasurus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Cool! I needed that!