1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

RenTek: Reni's Armory (Discontinued) v1.5.1 Spirited Giraffe

Add Another Set of Unique Equipment to your collection.

1. Update 1.3.5 & Newsletter #2

Dilrax
    [​IMG]Version 1.3.5, Beta V Enraged Koala, Minor Update: Weapon Balance/De-buff.Previous Versions may require deletion, though there should be no conflict from rewriting/updating.

Update 1.3.5 is a Weapon Based balance/De-buff only, all current existing non-power class weapons have now had there damage lowered as well as there energy costs, some extra changes include the following:

> HyperCannon, Projectile Block Damage Reduced by 55%.
    > HyperCannon, Block Foreground Damage Radius Reduced to 3.
    > HyperCannon, Damage Reduced from 300 to 200.

> Pulsar Munitions: Wave Rifle, Now One handed & can now be Duel Wielded!
    > Pulsar Munitions: Wave Rifle, now does Very low damage.

> Pulsar Munitions: Wave Cannon, Has Increased Knockback.

> Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun, Increased First shot life time before Scattering.
    > Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun, projectile Scatter range Reduced by 30%
    > Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun, fire rate reduced by 40%
    > Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun, now fires 3 shots not 4.

> Razor Ballistics: Energy Shotgun, now fires 3 shots not 4.
    > Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun, fire rate reduced by 30%.
    > Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun, Projectile speed increased by 10%.

> Atlas Energy: Energy cannon Fire rate Reduced by 30%.

> Nova Creations: Nova Grenade-launcher, Projectile launch distance increased by 10%.
    > Nova Creations: Nova Grenade-launcher, Projectile speed increased by 10%.

> Reforge Station Now has new Visual Appearance!
    we plan to update the guns more later in the future most likely just the visuals but if we need to modify them for a good/valid reason then we will, of course we plan to make visual changes to some weapons as we update them so we will let you know on that.

if you have any suggestions regarding these new changes, please come share your thoughts with me, i would be happy to listen.
    ~RenTek: Reni.

[​IMG] RenTek: Reni's Armoury, Mod News Letter #2:

And time for the new Segment, The RenTek Mod News Letter, where we take a small bit of time to talk to you guys about up coming changes and give an update on progress, i aint sure if were also feeding you some awesomeness but we might from time to time. ;P

so what are we gonna talk about today? well i though i might show your guys a couple things we been working on and talk about some other stuff, ok so lets start with the weapon department.

so as you guys know we plan to do a secondary gun upgrade system, how will this work?
    Sub-System Upgrades:
    a Sub-System Upgrade or ( SSU ) In Short, is a minor internal System Upgrade for an Existing Weapon, these will give a minor Stat Boost/increase to the Chosen Weapon and may also include a visual Addition as well, this does not change weapon Firing Behaviour or Projectiles.
    Reconstruction Upgrades:
    a Reconstruction Upgrade or ( RCU ) In Short, Requires you to have 1 Weapon and Required Materials to Redesign the Chosen Weapon into an Entirely new Weapon, this Changed the over all appearance of a weapon as well as changing its Firing behaviour and Projectile, A good example of this is the Razor Ballistics: Razor Shotgun and its RCU Version, the Energy Razor.

a new dual wieldable gun will become available. introducing is the Pion.
    [​IMG]
    though specifics and details are yet to come as how it operates hasn't been worked out yet, but were thinking a small hand laser type pistol, we also plan to make a few changes to projectiles some of the weapons fire.

here is a sneak peak at some goggles which are just one of the things we are working on and as you can see below they do work (now), these currently come in two Types, Type 1 is a standard dye enabled colour-able Set and Type 2 is a special silver/grey color with a blue visor which can not be colour changed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    there's also two variants of both types with the head band slightly forwards and slightly moved backwards for those with there ear's up/down, it doesn't look like much in difference but it does make a small change if you look closely you will notice it, but don't think we have been only working on small stuff... err well sure enough the dungeon, *cough cough* reni's Lab is being worked on but that's taking quite some time and difficulty with the construction so i left reni as the site manager for that. but its not just guns and armor were working on.

one of the other new things were doing was a new sort of "intro" to the mod, rather then just crafting the armoury station from the metalwork station we thought about improving on that, i cant go into details but here's a little something to get some idea's flowing.
    [​IMG]
    Impressive huh? sadly its not a ship you can walk freely inside or even use, perhaps not yet... at least... :iswydt: remember no promises, though getting this one to fully work for its current purpose is probably going to take the longest as it will most defiantly involve Lua scripting which nether of us have any idea on how to use, haha, we will figure something out, any who that's all i can say for this new letter and progress report as if i say any-more reni might complain about ruining possible surprises... ;)

As per normal, be sure to notify us if you encounter any problems and post a copy of the log file, the log file can be located at: \Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\starbound.txt

Until Next Time! ;)
    ~Dilrax.
Return to update list...