Reno's APIReno's API is a modding API that allows you to use other players' custom items in multiplayer (and single-player) with little fuss.
- Drag and drop the .modpak file into your mods folder.
In Glad Giraffe, this is located at Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods.
In Starbound 1.0, this is located at Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods.
- Open starbound.config (this file is in the folder that contains your mods folder) and change the following line:
- For vanilla diehards: This mod does NOT interfere with the vanilla Starbound experience in any way.
- This mod is highly recommended for anyone looking to play on large multiplayer servers. Otherwise, items you obtain on these servers will not work.
- Having a Reno's API item without the mod will not crash you; it simply will not work like it should. (It's the same if you didn't follow the installation instructions. There's now a reminder for you to disable "safeScripts" just for those who don't like following installation instructions.)
- Please report exploits and bugs in the API to me (@Reno_fezzed_one) ASAP. I'll try my best to fix them.
- Yes, "safeScripts" = false has the potential to allow mods to do stuff to your computer. This is why I recommend vetting all mods before using them. You can use the asset_unpacker to unpack the mod and verify my code if you wish. Don't fret -- all Reno's API items are sandboxed so they can't do anything to your computer.
Use this link to report issues or ask for help with Reno's API: https://discord.gg/0tkze6JBGvAkefHP. If you want to learn how to make Reno's API items, just ask in the Discord channel.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Reno's API 18.104.22.168
A multiplayer-compatible modding API that works on both Glad Giraffe and the upcoming Starbound 1.0!