1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated RedPack Tech & Flying Carpet 2.0k (Upbeat Giraffe)

RedPack Tech & Flying Carpet - A hovering and improved Gravity Bubble tech

1. teihoo
    RedPack Tech - A hovering and improved Gravity Bubble
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: Version 2.0 is in beta and is intended for the nightly release of the game!
    NOTE: Version 1.5 for stable release is also included in this ZIP file!

ALSO! New hotkey to disable RedPack or Flying Carpet tech is "special" == 2 or the "G" key by default.
    To enable or disable AquaPod use "F" key, like for other "head" techs.

NIGHTLY: Techs unlock as SAIL AI commands after you reboot your ship. Right now, I'm looking into possibilities for the easiest unlock for old characters... Most likely I'll create a new item that you craft and it starts a quick turn-in quest and unlocks techs ... the new tech unlock system makes it a bit complicated due to a limited way of enabling AI commands - discussed here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...-tech-flying-carpet.64576/page-2#post-2355775
    upload_2014-12-27_16-12-55.png
    This unlocks after you Reboot ship's computer. I'll add another way for existing characters that already rebooted ship's computer.

Existing characters (by this i mean not newly generated ones) can unlock tech via admin mode:
    Code:
    /admin
    /aiaction {"action" : "enabletech", "techName" : "aquapod"}
    /aiaction {"action" : "enabletech", "techName" : "flyingcarpet"}
    /aiaction {"action" : "enabletech", "techName" : "redpack"}
    /admin

Craft tech chip in personal craft (C) under consumables (optional craft through Tabula Rasa).

Once the RedPack activates (just like gravity bubble, do second jump while you're jumping or in the air)

The tech will disable once you touch the ground or if you press the F key.

INSTALLATION:
    Required framework mod: Tabula Rasa No longer required but supported!
    Unzip the RedPack folder from the zip file, to your mods folder (if you open mods folder, you'll see a file called MODS_GO_HERE, you should extract mods into this folder)
    Should look something like this when extracted:

C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\RedPack
    C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\tabularasa-1.5
    C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\mods_go_here

OPTIONAL - ENERGY CONSUMPTION:
    Currently energy consumption is set to 50 0 - with tier 10 armor you will be able to fly indefinitely, but in tier 1 your flight time will be limited. If you wish to reduce or increase energy consumption for the tech, edit redpack.tech and modify "energyUsagePerSecond" : 50.0 (change 50.0 to whatever value you like).

NOTE:
    If you wish to use this mod on a server, it has to be installed on the server and the client!

PLANNED :
    - if possible, I will try to create a server friendly version
    - create multiple different looking versions - flying carpet, hoverboard, scaffold etc. (will need help with sprites probably :p)

FLYING CARPET
    Flying Carpet is now added. Both techs are available under C - personal craft.
    Special thanks to @MrMock for creating the beautiful carpet sprite, and I did the wiggly tails... hope I can get a better animation done at some point.

[​IMG]

Hope you like it!

P.s.: And of course any feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    shimi kangatagon and dafman4 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. qwer
    qwer
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0j (Upbeat Giraffe)
    good
  2. Yumebi
    Yumebi
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0h (Rampaging Koala)
    I love this Mod so much, the carpet is definately cool!
    Thanks ^^
  3. Armed Mosquito
    Armed Mosquito
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0 beta (Rampaging)
    great stuff, I was able to use the flying carpet in the nightly build! thanks for the update
  4. rkeller2713
    rkeller2713
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5 (Enraged Koala)
    I love this mod and it's help me build with ease, but does this work on multiplayer servers?
    1. teihoo
      Author's Response
      I'm afraid its required on the server also.
  5. ErAgon102
    ErAgon102
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5 (Enraged Koala)
    Cool!
  6. TheHourMan
    TheHourMan
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4(Furious Koala)
    Its ass is bad.
  7. Dozer
    Dozer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3 (Furious Koala)
    Excellent))
  8. Dozer
    Dozer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 (Furious Koala)
    Great mod =) continue to improve it!
  9. razor_br
    razor_br
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 (Furious Koala)
    awesome mod :D
  10. Neths
    Neths
    5/5,
    Version: 1.00
    I love this mod. I can't play starbound without it. Great job! Wondering if you could make a dark purple color one for me.
    1. teihoo
      Author's Response
      Sure. I'll try to make a few colors of the bubble in the afternoon. Thanks for the review!