1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated RealPower 0.61

Harness Electricity.

1. Zeg
    RealPower attempts to create tile-by-tile electric cabling systems to power useful objects.

As of v0.6, the first attempt at making the cable code is done, and the first power source and sink are more finished.

Objects and Items

[​IMG]

Please make sure you delete any old files from versions before the pak system was introduced. The 'realpower' folder in your 'mods' directory should only contain the realpower.pak and realpower.modinfo files.

First, you need the RealPower crafting table. It is made at the Metalwork station from 1 steel bar and 4 wood. Everything else is made there.

Cable

Transmits the power. 1 copper bar and 1 plant fibre makes 5 cables.

Solar Pillar
    The central column of the solar array. It must be anchored to solid tiles to the left and right of its base (these also create the anchor points for the panels themselves). The light at the tip goes on when a solar panel is working. Made from 1 iron bar and 1 cable.

Small Solar Panel
    Attach these to either side of the pillar. Each small solar panel produces 5 power, so 10 total if there's one each side of a pillar. They only work during the daytime and must have clear space above them. Made from 1 iron bar, 1 copper bar, 10 sand and 5 coal.

Ship Battery
    Made from 1 copper bar and 1 coal. Used to make...

Ship Battery Charger
    Charges 4 ship batteries using power from the cables. Can draw up to 40 power. Takes 20 minutes to charge all 4 batteries when drawing 10 power (i.e. connected to one pillar with two panels). As soon as one or more battery is charged, you can interact with the charger and it will disassemble into the appropriate number of charged/uncharged batteries. Made from 4 ship batteries and 4 wood planks.

Charged Ship Battery
    Once the ship battery is charged, it can be used as fuel in your ship. One battery counts as 50 fuel.

Limitations as of v0.6

• Solar panels have been updated to work wherever you go, and should fill batteries with extra power when you return. Hopefully, I got all my maths (and programming) right. There are conceivable ways that I can think of that the system could break, but are unlikely to turn up in regular gameplay. For example, very long cables. I'd suggest trying to keep your maximum cable length between pillars and batteries below 25.
    • If you quit the game without returning to pillars that have unloaded, any extra power they would have generated while you were away is lost. Just visit them for a few seconds before quitting and they should send all the power.
    • Connecting more than one Ship Battery Charger to the cables has varying effects. Sometimes one will fill completely before the next. Sometimes more than one will fill at once, splitting the power. It depends mainly on how far from the Pillars the batteries are.
    Questions

Q: Hey this mod is very similar to/duplicating functionality of/totally jacking the style of this other mod!

A: I would not be surprised. I built this mod from the ground up, on my own, without looking around to see what other people had achieved. There's probably (almost certainly...) better ways to make what I've made. It was mainly just a challenge to see if I could figure out coding for myself.

Q: This mod is laggy.

A: If things get laggy, make a post and tell me. If you can give me an idea of how laggy compared to how many cables you have, that will probably help. The cables are the main source of potential lag, since they run constant updates and connection checks. If a lot of people are saying it's too laggy, I might reduce update frequency if it doesn't mess things up in other ways.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Nubilus
    Nubilus
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6
    I love this mod. It looks good and works well.
    I think you should make the recipes a bit more complicated or resurce affordable. Maybe even Tiered types of batteries or Solar panels.
  2. teihoo
    teihoo
    5/5,
    Version: 0.52
    Everything works and looks great so far! Maybe just think about sorting blueprints into some category, or a new crafting table and some sort of status for the battery before its fully charged. Built from ground up, you really did nice work. Hopefully you can get some more cool items in soon :)