Sadly, I haven't had time to work on my SB mods for some time and this one is no exception. It does not work with the latest builds. Lucky for you, Luthor614 has taken it upon himself to revive this mod and you can download it from his page, here.
Version 1.7 / Enraged Koala
Holy shit! This mod adds real ninja stuff, for real ninjas, like from the shows when you were a kid.
It also adds recipes for crafting the existing ninja stars and kunai, already in the game.
What kind of ninja doesn't have their own grappling hook? A lousy one, that's what!
Top it all of with a sweet katana and the balance is struck.
Add another katana or dual wield some throwing weapons and bad guys can all kiss their asses goodbye!
Press C to craft a Ninja Rack
Alternatively, all items should show up in your Tabula Rasa.
Extract the "Real Ninja Stuff" folder into the mods directory, under your game installation folder. Typically, this is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\.
So, the destination folder should be something like this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\Real Ninja Stuff\
I discovered another excellent ninja mod which compliments mine very well. Ninja Mod by DarkVanzar. I'm in talks with him about possible future collaboration.
Tested in Enraged Koala, in Windows only. Please let me know if you have issues.
I make mods for features that I would like to have but I truly appreciate the fact that you might enjoy them as well. Please feel free to review, rate, and make suggestions. Your feedback is much appreciated and, based on my available time, could easily influence the direction of my mods. Thank you!
Just when I got the grappling hook working, the 04/26 release broke it. All better now...
Much improved grappling hook! No longer uses energy just to stay hooked. Tweaked a ton to make it more usable. Prior hook was just a copy of the game's normal grappling gun, but with ninja art. This one is way better!
- Unpacked .pak file to fix problem caused by EK Unstable version 639 (Update 6)
- Removed deprecated "interactable" flag from Ninja Rack object.
- Made Katana one-handed for dual wielding opportunities. Thanks to HonorableAssassins, ninja expert!
- Packed assets into .pak file for optimal performance.
- Fixed some art as pointed out by Schmoop. Thanks Schmoop!
Updated for Enraged Koala support
- Updated version for Beta v. Furious Koala.
- Did some balancing on damage, speed, and prices.
- Created a craftable ninja rack from which you can craft your ninja necessities.
- Added custom ninja version of grappling hook.
- Minor enhancements and corrections.
First release. All new!
All Dantronix Mods
Interesting Starter Swords
Real Ninja Stuff
Ridiculous Giant Effing Swords
Jesus H. Christ
Breakable Ship Objects
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Real Ninja Stuff 1.7
Not sure if real stuff, ninjas use, or just stuff, real ninjas use.