1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Racial Weapon Megamod Now Version 1.2.0!

Bringing back your forgotten favorites from starbound's alpha!

1. ImHereForTheMods
    It's back, and better than ever before!

New in this update: (V1.2.0)
    - Ship Locker Treasure Pool Update
    Tier 1 Broadsword (race-based) added to ship locker on start.

- No More Pixelated / Low Quality Item Icons
    All Streamlined to 1.44 Item Previews

- Select Weapon Re-coloring / Re-shading

Also, as of V1.1.0 - Now with Racial Staves !

Big THANKS to MetaFace for the custom script to get them working!

So, what is Racial Weapon Megamod ?
    This may be something you are asking yourself, just now. Well, fortunately for you, I have the answers!

Untitled design.png
    Racial weapon megamod is a mod I have made over many painstaking hours which aims to bring back all the tiered racial weapons from pre-1.0 version of the game, which were removed around version 1.0.

This may not be the first attempt at something like this, however, it is (objectively) the best. All 2000 files have been hand-edited exclusively by me and fluffyfloran.

Planned for future versions : Possibly status effects at some point....

General Information :
    All items contained in this mod, can be crafted from a (t1) crafting anvil .
    Looking for something specific? Just type in what you're looking for to the search bar!
    For example : avian axe 9 - will find the tier 9 avian axe .

Installation :
    Just extract the zip file to your starbound mods folder.

Uninstallation :
    Just remove the mod from your mod folder.
    All weapons should just turn into generic items, and should not render the character unplayable. At least, this was the results of basic testing.

It may be advisable at mere precautionary sake to make a back-up before making such a move or trashing all owned racial weapons, however it is not necessary.

Questions, Comments, Bugs, Suggestions ?
    Please post them in the discussion thread for this mod.
    (as opposed to a scathing review).

So, what makes this mod special ?

- They're all here !
    All (melee) weapons for all species are available for crafting!

- 61 uniquely stylized custom racially themed weapons, per race !
    Each race has their own custom stylized axes, broadswords, daggers, hammers, shortswords, and spears!

All weapons are also edited / stylized by me, which I'm not saying is special in itself, but, if you like my style then... This mod is for you!

- All weapons are race exclusive !
    Only avians can craft avian weapons, only apex can craft apex weapons, only florans can craft flora- yeah, I think you get it.

- Tiered Progression !
    All weapons are craftable at the crafting anvil, and new ones will unlock as you craft!
    Crafting a tier 1 axe, for instance, will unlock the second tier axe for your species.

- Visual crafting recipes !
    What you see, is what you get, in the sense that, for the most part, weapon's visuals influence the materials used to craft them.

For example, if you see a wooden part to the weapon, logblock is in the crafting requirements!

This is a simple edit to sustain realism and immersion in the crafting system.

- Crafting Overhaul !
    This mod uses materials available in base-game v1.2.2 (starbound) to craft the various tiers / types of racial weapons.
    This means, that instead of using cerelium compound, which no longer exists, the recipe now asks for violium / aegisalt / or solarium, which do exist.

- Easy to find !
    Want to find a very specific weapon? Maybe a tier 7 apex shortsword? No problem! Just type that in at the crafting anvil!

- Fresh New Abilities !
    Well, sort of . . . They are vanilla 1.4 abilities, but, the abilities, for the most part, are improved to 1.4 version abilities!

Broadswords, hammers, and spears, have all been given special new secondary abilities for you to use!
    Lower tier weapons often have weaker / more common secondary abilities , whereas higher tier weapons often have more awesome secondary abilities !

- Racial Staves! (All your favs are now back!)
    Gamebreaker, Crystal Chalcedony, Novakid Light Staves, Aqua, and splash staves, plasma staves, leaf staves, etc, etc, etc!

Also, with all the same abilities carried over from beta version, replicated as closely as possible!

Two unique staves per race!

Racial Elemental Damage !
    Each race has their own specific assigned element(s) / elemental damages according to their culture / composition.

Apex : Electric
    according to futuristic lab theme .
    apex.jpg

Avians : Fire and Ice
    Fire due to legend of the phoenix, ice as a contrast.
    avian.jpg
    Florans : Poison
    Based on it being green for one thing, and also due to some plants being poisonous.
    floran.jpg
    Glitch : Electric
    Due to being robots, mostly.
    glitch.jpg
    Humans: Mixture
    Mostly based on color of used crafting material ( violium , electric ) except for aegisalt which is electric now. .
    human.jpg
    Hylotl : Ice
    It's the closest thing to water, okay?
    hylotl.jpg

Vanilla and Fracking Universe compatible !
    This mod can be used whether or not you have fracking universe installed!

Probably compatible with other racial weapons mods . . .
    I have not tested this mod with other racial weapons mods, but I would assume, due to my unique item naming , it should not conflict with other mods that do the same ( or similar ) things.

For more (general) info , see my ( now finished ) W.I.P thread .
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...-wanted-tiered-racial-weapon-mod-more.130238/

If you find a bug , glitch , or other problem , with this mod , please let me know in discussion section of this mod so I can attempt to fix it, instead of rating the mod .
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. thumbnail.jpg

Recent Updates

1. Racial Weapon MegaMod V1.2.0
  2. Racial Staves!

Recent Reviews

1. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    Wonderful to see so many Oldies brought back with a new coat of paint!
    1. ImHereForTheMods
      Author's Response
      Thank you!