1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Racial Intros 2018-07-28

Unique Intro missions for every race in Starbound!

1. Andromeda_78
    Andromeda_78
    4/5,
    Version: 2018-07-28
    4 Star because
    When i use this mod to play as a human my game freeze and after it it just crash also i test it on any vanilla class but it wont work it just same they crash
  2. Shooterguy1220
    Shooterguy1220
    4/5,
    It always irked me that all your characters were protectors. And this breathed in new life to the vanilla races.
    The only problem is their so short. Now I know this can't be helped. Just making what you did must have been a huge undertaking. But just maybe a few more minutes to each intro would have been enough. I can also understand why you don't want to do some of the mod races but your the only one who is trying. Oh well.... Thanks anyways.
  3. kitsunespirit
    kitsunespirit
    5/5,
    The only one that seems to work is the Glitch? Do the other ones start on the ship..?
  4. Ickura
    Ickura
    5/5,
    Better intro for a sandbox game.
  5. Mooncalf99
    Mooncalf99
    4/5,
    Bit on the short side, but a great idea nonetheless. I miss the sense of personal involvement in the main quest, but it'll probably feel just right for players who'd rather just explore and build.

The Glitch start should probably have the dialogue changed to incorporate their unique verbal tic. I know not everyone likes it, but it's canon.

Some others could probably stand to have a bit more development in setting up the player's motivation. The Apex and Hylotl starts work fine, but the Floran gives no explanation for why you'd want to just fly off in a recently-crashed ship, especially since you might be a bit more concerned with the village on fire. The Novakid one works given their mindset, but is really short. The Avian... I thought Ascension was an honor? Why would they change their mind just like that? Sacrifice would've worked better, I think. Finally, the Glitch could benefit from more buildup, though the main idea definitely works well. Maybe go about daily life until something happens that snaps you out of the simulation?
  6. Armok
    Armok
    5/5,
    a wonderful mod, adds a nice level of racial uniqueness without breaking the lore (although I will say that the glitch mission should be tweaked a bit so rather then a hivemind, you simply become self-conscious as in the current lore)