1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Primitive Archery - 1.0 2016-09-24

Hunting the Hard Way!

1. MetalArrow
    Way back in 2015, I created a human character named "Howard", after the legendary archer Howard Hill. I had a lot of fun hunting on the lush starting world with my hand crafted bow and arrows- and then I realized that, to stand a chance of surviving on more dangerous planets, I'd have to swap it out for a clunky modern recurve and eventually a compound bow. Disheartening, to say the least.

Playing the game after 1.0, I asked myself, why the hell should I give up my simple yet elegant selfbow (A bow made from a single piece of wood)? Why couldn't I just get some better arrows? And thus, this mod was born.

Instead of replacing your beginning selfbow with the tungsten recurve, titanium compound, or laser bow, you can now craft Tungsten, Titanium, or Aegisalt broadheads. They're still different items, but they use the animation of the Hunting Bow. I've changed the color of the arrowheads and fletching (don't ask me where the feathers are coming from). The tungsten broadheads should do damage on par with the tungsten bow, and the titanium with the compound (I know it should realistically be less, but the asset files for the bows are...different from other weapons). The aegisalt broadheads do more damage than the laser bow, to compensate for the lack of special abilities.

Enjoy the mod, and just say no to sights, stabilizers, and cams.

If you'd like to edit this mod, It's okay with me, just please let me know. I'd like to see it.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Tungsten.png
    2. Titanium.png
    3. Aegisalt.png

Recent Reviews

1. Aimlessimp05
    Aimlessimp05
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-09-24
    THis is pretty cool. I do have some ideas that i will post in the discussions area for you to look at.
    1. MetalArrow
      Author's Response
      Thanks. I'm thinking about creating some new bows