1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Powerful Hats 1.15

Now there's a reason to hoard vanity items!

1. Kirbemon
    Kirbemon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.15
    Fez is OP. I APPROVE OF THIS MOD.
  2. Phone
    Phone
    5/5,
    Where i can craft thoase hats? i rate 5 stars becuse i know IT'S AMAZING WHO HATE HAT WITH POWER?!
    1. Surn_Thing
      Author's Response
      As it stands now, only one is craftable. The rest are randomly found in chests. The hats_instead_of_money sub-mod should make it easier.
  3. enceos
    enceos
    5/5,
    Surn_Thing, do you have any concerns about modpacks including your mod?
    1. Surn_Thing
      Author's Response
      See the bottom of the page description section:
      "Mod Pack Permissions: Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent. "
  4. enceos
    enceos
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 Upbeat Giraffe
    Outstanding mod! Works in Unstable (Spirited Giraffe) if hats_instead_of_money folder and the player.config are deleted.
  5. Luzcro
    Luzcro
    5/5,
    After installing this mod, I found myself carrying 3 different hats and rarely using my head armor. The utility it provides it just amazing. I could be speed running on the surface of a planet looking for treasure with the horse head hat; or swimming in poison with the plague doctor mask. I love it. 5/5

I would like to see a hat that nullifies movement penalties while under water. That'll save a lot of time on ocean planets
    1. Surn_Thing
      Author's Response
      Always happy to hear when somebody finds my mods useful. Thanks!
  6. Another Kevin
    Another Kevin
    5/5,
    Hobo mode added... wow.. now it's truly awesome
    1. Surn_Thing
      Author's Response
      Now you too can become a crazy naked person! Thanks!
  7. BloodyAngel
    BloodyAngel
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 Upbeat Giraffe
    This mod is excellent! I would love it even more if more hats were this useful. Also a suggestion. Maybe give the pilot goggles ability to fly by using energy?
    1. Surn_Thing
      Author's Response
      Glad you find it excellent. If it is possible to give a flight with energy consumption enchantment to a hat, then it's beyond me. But still, I did give the pilot goggles another enchantment. Hope you like it.
  8. Blanzer
    Blanzer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 Upbeat Giraffe
    This thing gives a reason to hoard hats, and as a hat hoarder I find this useful. I like how it pushes high-risk high-reward gameplay with a glass-cannon playstyle.
    1. Surn_Thing
      Author's Response
      Glad you found it useful. A friend of mine also used the term "glass cannon" so from your review I now know that it's a thing.