1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pop-Off Lighting 1.2 (CG)

Why break your lights when you can just *pop* them off?

1. Mackinz
    This is a remake of an old mod I really liked back in Enraged Koala: Pop-off Lights

What it does is removing the time spent mining a light source (ex. Torch) by changing a script to make the object drop on use! Trust me, you'll appreciate this over having to mine it.

[​IMG]

And while this means you cannot manually "turn off" an affected object, you can still wire them up and have them operate like before! While wired, a light will not pop-off if 'used'. Simple, yet effective.

Installation

Unzip the folder and place it in your Starbound\mods folder, then play Starbound.

Compatibility

This mod was developed for Cheerful Giraffe. I do not believe it will work optimally on any earlier versions.

This mod is currently incompatible with mods that change what script Torches, Medieval Torches, Cheap Lights, Electric Lights and Oil Lanterns use. In addition, this mod makes any future changes to light.lua non-applicable to the aforementioned objects. I will release a patch for changes if necessary.

It should also be compatible with any multiplayer server which has it installed.

Future Plans

Currently, the mod only affects Torches, Medieval Torches, Cheap Lights, Electric Lights and Oil Lanterns. Though I will only use it for the Torches and Cheap Lights, I'm sure someone would be interested in having other lights pop off the wall. If requested, I'll release an update that includes a desired light.​
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Cheerful Giraffe Update
  2. Simplified

Recent Reviews

1. Tsunder
    Tsunder
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 (Pleased Giraffe)
    Works as intended